K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

All stuff you can only point to in retrospect. Others would have countered that the franchise was tired and that they expected this movie to suck

umm, there have been quite a few of us who have expected this to be absolutely massive for quite some time. nothing to do with hindsight.

• Like 1

All stuff you can only point to in retrospect. Others would have countered that the franchise was tired and that they expected this movie to suck umm, there have been quite a few of us who have expected this to be absolutely massive for quite some time. nothing to do with hindsight.
Yeah, but on both ends it was mostly based on personal bias. You just happened to be right
  • Like 1

JW will have a HUGE Worldwide OW, since it opened in China too along with most of the major markets..

If it keeps up the great numbers it's doing atm, it could even do 500M OW on the high end.

Yeah, but on both ends it was mostly based on personal bias. You just happened to be right

I laid out my reasons for this doing as good as it is doing quite some time ago. I don't see how it's "personal bias" when I'm not even a fan of the original Jurassic Park.

• Like 1

Dinosaurs are back in the mainstream! Plus, we have the Good Dinosaur on the way!

Hopefully this means more dino/creature films!

Universal should do a "shared cinematic universe" with films about the major cryptids in cryptozoology.

Bigfoot, Yeti, the Loch Ness Monster, Chupacabra, Jersey Devil, Mermaid/Merman, Mokele-Mbembe, Mothman, Spring Heeled Jack etc solo films that lead to Avengers-style mash-up films. Throw lesser known cryptids in the movies for fun and they're golden.

• Like 1