kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

Finally saw the trailer and it was ok.  I am sure people will eat this up though.  I guess I don't have the attachment to the original as some do. I got all the references and all, and it was a nice looking trailer, but it didn't grab me.  I know I'm in the minority there, but I still think it will do really good numbers

16 minutes ago, DAR said:

It was great seeing hand drawn animation 

Taking a Pixar class at the moment, and am learning about just how much of a technological marvel the advancement of CG animation was at the time, and all the time and work the folks at Pixar put into it, I really feel bad saying I agree with you. But I do, I really miss hand-drawn animation. Kinda wish that "Me and my Shadow" movie over had DreamWorks had actually come to fruition. 

• Like 4

I'm sure you've probably heard of it already, but WDAS has developed a hybrid animation system called Meander. I think that should be the future of animation, something that gives us the depth of 3D animation combined with the pure beauty of hand-drawn animation. I hope WDAS will use it for their future animated features, I expected it to be used on Gigantic, but that one sadly went down the sewer.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Screenings already?? Disney must be really confident. Hated Into the Woods so hoping Rob Marshall really did pull off a winner here. 

And I overall liked Into The Woods, though I had some quarrels with the changes from the Sondheim show (I realy missed the Storyteller).]

But I agree that Marshall is all over the place in the quality of his films. He had a couple of very mediocre films after his triumph with "Chicago".

35 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

I do not see this movie making success outside of  domestic/ UK market, in Brazil The hype for this film is  much lower than any other live action remake from Disney (minus Pooh movie Lol) in China this movie will probably be  a flop..

Well, original MP dates from 1964. 

Original Jungle Book dates from 1967, and The Jungle Book (2016) madre 150M there.