Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think it's their running down every other franchise then "Avatar" and there constant insistence that Money equals Quality that annoys people.

Neither are true

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, pepsa said:

@IronJimbo @JamesCameronScholar 

What do you guys think Avatar will make in different markets? How do you see the break down? 

I know you guys predict 3B+ WW, but I am verry intrested in what you think the main markets would be. (obv Dom and China).

The range is so huge because of some unknowns and badly Jim films smash previous records.

Titanic doubled the previous WW champ and Avatar 2.5x the previous #2 (rotk). This is what makes it so difficult for me to say.

For me the range is 3 to 4.5b+??

Dom 650 to 1100

China 600 to ?????

Overseas-china 1750 to ???

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

The range is so huge because of some unknowns and badly Jim films smash previous records.

Titanic doubled the previous WW champ and Avatar 2.5x the previous #2 (rotk). This is what makes it so difficult for me to say.

For me the range is 3 to 4.5b+??

Dom 650 to 1100

China 600 to ?????

Overseas-china 1750 to ???

But what about other markets? That 1750m OS break down?

40 minutes ago, pepsa said:

But what about other markets? That 1750m OS break down?

That's really difficult to say as I don't know the individual markets current strengths, I rather know that overall Overseas - China is still healthy (as shown by IW).

I think that Avatar 2 will run at a +20% performance compared to Avatar relative to each individual market size. (we're talking $4b ww here atleast)

It's going to have a GIANT December then burn on until May, I'm expecting something really really ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

That's really difficult to say as I don't know the individual markets current strengths, I rather know that overall Overseas - China is still healthy (as shown by IW).

I think that Avatar 2 will run at a +20% performance compared to Avatar relative to each individual market size. (we're talking $4b ww here atleast)

It's going to have a GIANT December then burn on until May, I'm expecting something really really ridiculous.

I don't see it happening, but if it does. Man that would be a ride, and insane. But Jim has done it 2 times, 3rd it the lucky charm.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, AndyK said:

:hahaha:

So when is man of steel 2 being released ? The second part of the epic justice league saga with the visionary Zack Snyder directing ? The solo flash film ? The Revves Batman film which might , or might not, star Ben affleck ? The cyborg film ? Suicide squad 2 , with the first being a huge hit ? 

Meh, dc films will be stand alone films and few and far between from now on until Warner reboots the whole dccu thing with more thought given to it and more patience. I expect Wonder Woman 2 and Shazam to have no ties to the , basically dead, dccu. 

11 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

So when is man of steel 2 being released ? The second part of the epic justice league saga with the visionary Zack Snyder directing ? The solo flash film ? The Revves Batman film which might , or might not, star Ben affleck ? The cyborg film ? Suicide squad 2 , with the first being a huge hit ? 

Meh, dc films will be stand alone films and few and far between from now on until Warner reboots the whole dccu thing with more thought given to it and more patience. I expect Wonder Woman 2 and Shazam to have no ties to the , basically dead, dccu. 

If they’re still making movies and not rebooting, how is the DCEU “basically dead”?

• Like 1

Three franchises down - DC and Star Wars and Xmen. Three more need to die. Jurassic World and Avatar don't seem like long running ones. The Marvel franchise (MCU, Spiderman, Deadpool) will die after avengers 4. Avatar was a one trick pony. Franchises need to die so that independent movies can flourish again.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Just like Titanic was a one time thing. ;)

I'm not getting your point. I want more movies like Titanic which aren't bound by some franchise. How is avatar related to titanic?

1 hour ago, Istealnames said:

Three franchises down - DC and Star Wars and Xmen. Three more need to die. Jurassic World and Avatar don't seem like long running ones. The Marvel franchise (MCU, Spiderman, Deadpool) will die after avengers 4. Avatar was a one trick pony. Franchises need to die so that independent movies can flourish again.

None of that is gonna happen. Sorry!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Istealnames said:

This is such a terrible take.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Istealnames said:

I'm not getting your point. I want more movies like Titanic which aren't bound by some franchise. How is avatar related to titanic?

Remind me how Avatar was bound by some franchise?

Incidentally Titanic was bound to the existing story... you know Titanic is based on a real event yeah? It's a historical film and Cameron took every step to make sure it was a fair depiction. In contrast, Avatar was 100% original with the universe created by Cameron free to do whatever he wanted and tied down by quite literally nothing.

2 hours ago, Istealnames said:

You know that franchises can perfectly co-exist with small films, right?

Where did this idea come from? When did people convince themselves that a franchise film somehow makes people NOT want to see a smaller drama?

Oh, and also...the DCEU is not dead.

Not while the Wonder Woman brand flourishes and Shazam, which seems like a winner, await...

And if you truly think that the MCU and Star Wars are dead, boy are you in for a disappointment.

Lastly...sit down and get a comfy chair if you expect Avatar to die anytime soon...

Edited by StevenG
  • Haha 1