Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, LordNox said:

But it shows how low Shazam will open at. Normally for a superhero movie the movie would always be top 5 in tickets sold at least days before release. For Shazam we are looking at not even opening to 40M.

Except every other superhero movie didn't have to compete with the biggest superhero movie ever for presales. Shazam is making 40 mil+.

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I do think people are getting ahead of themselves with DC all of sudden becoming super popular over Aquaman. That was nothing like the previous films, had 4.6+ legs, even stronger than Wonder Woman which had insane critical appeal. 

I hope we see it, they had Ezra Miller pushing for a dark flash film that would have bombed horribly. Hopefully that gets fixed. 

With DC only making solo movies they don't have the advantage Marvel has being interconnected. People who loved Aquaman won't show up to Shazam because by both movies being standalones many don't even think Shazam and Aquaman has anything to do with each other.

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Except every other superhero movie didn't have to compete with the biggest superhero movie ever for presales. Shazam is making 40 mil+.

A 40mil OW would make this the lowest Live action opening for a superhero movie since Fantastic four 2015, which had 25mil. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

A 40mil OW would make this the lowest Live action opening for a superhero movie since Fantastic four 2015, which had 25mil. 

With the way tickets are selling Shazam can even earn less than a 40M opening.

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Even then, Fant4stic still had more marketing than Shazam!

21 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I do think people are getting ahead of themselves with DC all of sudden becoming super popular over Aquaman. That was nothing like the previous films, had 4.6+ legs, even stronger than Wonder Woman which had insane critical appeal. 

I hope we see it, they had Ezra Miller pushing for a dark flash film that would have bombed horribly. Hopefully that gets fixed. 

Never compare legs between a christmas holiday release and any other time.  That holiday period adds on average 1X to any multiplier.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2019 at 1:05 PM, TMP said:

What's the general consensus on Game of Thrones?

my buddy's been watching through it for the first time and i'm catching some of the episodes again. man, season 7 sucked. good luck w/ that satisfying ending NERDS.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

my buddy's been watching through it for the first time and i'm catching some of the episodes again. man, season 7 sucked. good luck w/ that satisfying ending NERDS.

Wait, you're skipping the final season?

16 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

season 7 of game of thrones had so many WTF moments to me. from nobody important dying in the 7x04 battle to the night king attacking a flying dragon and not the one that is little standing still while people climb on him

Problem is that all the compelling characters died, except for Jaime. 

All the main characters left alive rank from unbearable to one note, with the exception of Bronn who is just just fun to watch. 

24 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

season 7 of game of thrones had so many WTF moments to me. from nobody important dying in the 7x04 battle to the night king attacking a flying dragon and not the one that is little standing still while people climb on him

They couldn't kill anyone important right before the last season of the show. You need those shocks save for this season. 

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

It was said that Ezra Miller wanted the movie to be darker, not that it would be a straight up dark and grim film with no humor.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

I think a fully agree, a bit like Justice League/BvS not being liked didn't affected much Aquaman, Aquaman cannot really help Shazam, there is not much link between those movies.

• Like 1