Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Bullshit. Qutie a few reviews criticize the Joker on aritistic grounds. You might not agree with them, but to say almost all negative reviews are politically driven is just not the case.

Yet another "HOW DARE ANYBODY NOT LIKE WHAT I LIKE!" rant.

No, not bullshit, even the latest one is political. There are only a couple of negative reviews that barely or don't mention politics to shit on the movie. When they try to both shit on the movie because of politics and critisize the artistic side in the end it all comes down to just political backlash because all their complaints are ridiculous. I don't have to agree with "complaints" like "if you take away the movie, there's not much of a movie", "weird character is weird for some reason", "supporting character doesn't have a giant role", "there's no message, even though there's a message", "the movie about villain is very dark, mean and cynical", "kids are cruel, that's unrealistic, school bullying and teen gangs don't exist", "why does they say beat him up when they beat him up" etc etc because this is just bullshit, nonsensical complaints out of air to justify a negative review. This is definitely not "why do they critisize what I like" situation, that's why there's a big difference between Venice and TIFF reception.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Problem is some critics are not so much reviewing the film but using it as soap box for their own political agenda. Of course the film has some political and social commentary.and it's legit to discuss that......but to say it's promoting racism and will cause violence is pretty stupid.

Of course you have already said you have no interest in seeing this film, so why the hell does it matter so much to you?

Bullshit. Qutie a few reviews criticize the Joker on aritistic grounds. You might not agree with them, but to say almost all negative reviews are politically driven is just not the case.

And yeah , everything I have read, including almost all the favorable reviews say the film is trying to make some political and social points. problem comes with critics who are trying to read stuff into the film that just is not there.

Yet another "HOW DARE ANYBODY NOT LIKE WHAT I LIKE!" rant.

This whole hatred of anybody who does not blindly praise something is one of the most annoying habits fanboys seem to be fallint into.

Find me ten legitimate negative reviews.

Edited by The Chad DC
Typo

On 9/9/2019 at 1:29 AM, LaughingEvans said:

Why can't we all get along and just shit on Star Wars and Harry Potter?

And Avatar!

Personally I'm looking forward to prime's LOTR show vs. all the Disney+ SW shows.  The fanboy wars of the future will be streaming show X vs streaming show Y.  

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

These critics seem to think it’s a film that promotes incel culture and white supremacy. I may not have seen the movie, but I know for a fact that’s bullshit. Entertainment Weekly specifically acknowledged that they couldn’t rate the movie objectively, which is why they didn’t even give it an actual rating. Then you have reviews that say things like this

If they think that, so what? Who are you to tell them that their interpretation is wrong, particularly when you haven't seen the movie? To say that a film, its writing or narrative is too sympathetic towards its homicidal maniac protagonist, or doesn't go far enough in examining or condemning his behavior, is a perfectly legitimate critique. 

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Problem is some critics are not so much reviewing the film but using it as soap box for their own political agenda. Of course the film has some political and social commentary.and it's legit to discuss that......but to say it's promoting racism and will cause violence is pretty stupid.

Of course you have already said you have no interest in seeing this film, so why the hell does it matter so much to you?

Having no interest in seeing this movie doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it or the discourse surrounding it. To suggest otherwise is silly. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

55 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

If they think that, so what? Who are you to tell them that their interpretation is wrong, particularly when you haven't seen the movie? To say that a film, its writing or narrative is too sympathetic towards its homicidal maniac protagonist, or doesn't go far enough in examining or condemning his behavior, is a perfectly legitimate critique. 

But many of them have been approaching their critiques specifically from the angle that they think it’s a film that’ll be hailed by the alt-right, which is stupid. That’s almost as bad as those dumb Mediaversity “reviews”. 

Edited by WittyUsername

15 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

And Avatar!

Personally I'm looking forward to prime's LOTR show vs. all the Disney+ SW shows.  The fanboy wars of the future will be streaming show X vs streaming show Y.  

good point really. Probably why the forums are less active now a days since box office will die to streaming

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Cameron doesn’t release or re-release. Disney will either re-release it or they won’t.

I could potentially see them doing that if for no reason other than to be able to market Avatar 2 as the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time. 

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I could potentially see them doing that if for no reason other than to be able to market Avatar 2 as the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time. 

Very possible. But they may just have a double feature with Avatar 2 instead. It’ll be interesting to see how they proceed.