Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

32 minutes ago, TMP said:

I wonder what'd be on Trump's list. Joker, Jojo Rabbit, Rambo Last Blood?

For all the talk of it being an "anti-hate satire" (which it isn't btw), it would be hilarious if Trump loved it. Richard Jewell and Midway would make it into his list too. 

As far as his taste in movies is concerned, Trump claims that his favorite movie of all time is Citizen Kane, but I’m fairly certain that’s at least partially an attempt to give the impression that he has “the best” taste in movies. When he talked about the movie, he said that the number one piece of advice he’d give to Charles Foster Kane was that he needed to “find a better woman”, which would suggest that he took the wrong lesson away from the film. 

15 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

China had plenty of great options to submit for this year's Oscars which could've benefited from more exposure, like Ash is Purest White and Long Day's Journey into Night which were fantastic. but they had to go and submit another blockbuster :ph34r: 

the final shot of Ash is Purest White is so haunting. 

they also had An Elephant Sitting Still and So Long ,My Son which I heard were great but I haven't got around to yet. (the former sounds a tad too depressing for my taste tho).

i think probably ash is purest white was out last year in china. idk what they submitted last year. probably smthing dumb again.

• Thanks 1

Joker was the best comic book movie of 2019 but it was too sad and disturbing for me to ever see it again, so Dark Phoenix was my favorite comic book movie of 2019. Such an underrated gem.

Avengers Endgame was my worst comic book movie of 2019, though I have no interest in seeing Spider-man Far From Home as that look even worse.

Of those in between, Captain Marvel was a lot better than Shazam.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

obama said fuck marvel he rides w/ scorsese.

(also i can use this to fyc Ash is Purest White and Transit in the list/awards threads. both wonderful films i wish more people had seen)

What else can you expect from someone who reads books?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

On counter argument, there are atleast 10 films above Aliens and 5 above T2.

Yeah, I'm sure there are 10 films above them, just not 10 comic book films. Or even one for that matter

Trump Top 10 movies of 2019:

Joker

Rambo :The Last Blood

The Hunt

JoJo Rabbit 

Ford v Ferrari 

Harriet (because he is not racist) 

The Lion King (2019) 

Parasite (because he is not capitalist) 

Joker:The Martin Scorsese cut

Charlie's Angels (because he is not sexist)