Dementeleus

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

Well, even if it falls just short of the 37, all I can say is WOW, but I did call this one.  I told Tele by whats app today that I wouldn't be surprised if it increased slightly but I'll go with a 5% decline.  But this run is just awesome.

Thanks for the update RTH....back to bed now.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, cory said:

This is pretty much guaranteed to clock SM1's second weekend admissions record by a significant margin. 

Wow, didn't realize it still had the second weekend attendance record. That was an awfully long reign. 

And it's over in a few days. 

Edited by MovieMan89

So I'm trying to see if any other film made the top 100 adjusted list in its first 8 days, like TFA is going to do.

Closest seems to be TDK which was at an adjusted $305M after 8 days, which at the time put it around #175 on the adjusted list.

(My methodology is looking at a handful of films - like TDK, Spider-Men, Avengers, etc on BOM. Then I take their dailies, adjust to current prices to match the current adjusted list, then subtract the newer films to see where that adjusted total would fall. I haven't found anyone else who would seem to make the top 200, as there's enough of a log jam that I think the Spideys stay out.)

• Like 1

Wow. No words if those estimates hold. Can't believe it opened that big and is barely dropping from Monday. If this holds I would be shocked to see Episode 8 not moved to December too. Disney could easily make it a holiday tradition. 

and LOL at Excel with his 225 prediction for SS. Sorry neither that nor BvS are getting anywhere close to that.

1 minute ago, #ED2-D2 said:

What's good about "What's app?". Why not just text?

It's free for me.  I don't have a free North American text package, so ever time I text one of you fuckers in the US it costs me $0.25. :)

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Just got back from an 8pm showing at an AMC Prime. It was totally packed! When I ordered my seats online (about 4pm today, reserved seating) there were only 11 seats left to choose from. 

Best part was when we were leaving, we were walking out behind a group of 3 older women (late 50's to early 60's I'd say) and one asked another, "Did you like it?" and she replied, "I thought it was great but I didn't understand what the hell was going on." :lol:

Just goes to show how diverse the group this movie is pulling in, is. 

Women are loving this movie because of the exceptional depiction of its strong female lead character, Rey. I'm sure Leia has plenty of fans as well. It's no surprise to me that women gave this film an A+ Cinemascore.

• Like 2