CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

page 243 doesn't exist yet for mere mortals we keep telling you guys...

1 minute ago, kitik said:

Can we get some mods who have a clue?

Guys wtf, I was out the last 5 hours watching BvS again. 

Tell me what is the real page for you then please.

So not far off flat on Saturday. 

Oh that terrible word of mouth! 

If you'd asked me a couple of weeks ago what I thought it would do I would have predicted around $170 million. Once I saw the reviews (and before I saw the movie) I thought it might struggle to hit $145 million.

Clearly it's doing pretty damn well 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Even at 49 it's very good. Furious 7 dropped over 9.5% from true Friday business. 

That's actually more impressive then I thought. Not bad for BvS. Maybe it won't drop like a rock at least. And its got not much for competition for the next few weeks unlike MOS

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I think the WoM isn't bad as ppl expected it to be, RT went too far trashing this movie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotten_Tomatoes

Excerpt: "Rotten Tomatoes is a website launched in 1998 devoted to film reviews and news; it is widely known as a film review aggregator."

RT does not trash anything. That job belongs to the critics.

• Like 4

53 would be really great. I'll take 135 in two days. Once I realized $200 million was a ridiculous fantasy (which was around 6:05 pm eastern time on Tuesday) my only goals were for this to become the highest March opener (locked) and to become the highest Batman opening (all but locked I think.) 

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

So not far off flat on Saturday. 

Oh that terrible word of mouth! 

If you'd asked me a couple of weeks ago what I thought it would do I would have predicted around $170 million. Once I saw the reviews (and before I saw the movie) I thought it might struggle to hit $145 million.

Clearly it's doing pretty damn well 

To be fair, we don't know the final number. Plus BVS could still fall hard. Next weekend is really the test anyway.

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

That's actually more impressive then I thought. Not bad for BvS. Maybe it won't drop like a rock at least. And its got not much for competition for the next few weeks unlike MOS

Possibly, but spillovers for a few days happens.  You usually don't see WoM until late into the first week.

4 minutes ago, Moviedweeb said:

I went into this with no expectations and was shocked by how bad it was. Terminator: Genisys was even better. Regardless, I think Affleck is a great Batman and I eagerly await another solo Batman film. 

Whoa, really?  Terminator Genital's plot was impossible to follow.

9 minutes ago, IMojammer said:

27.7 Thu
54.3 Fri 
49-53 Sat
13.8-17.6 Sunday down hella% 
Opening: 145-152

I think it'll be the low end unfortunately, but here's hoping for the best: 82.5+53.5+13.8=149.8

Katniss-Everdeen-Smiles-In-The-Hunger-Ga

Edited by angeldelmito
  • Like 4