CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

So yea this happened to me today. 

Was checking BvS as it was starting, making sure lights were down, screen was properly projecting etc. Then the Civil War trailer came up and this one guy stood up livid. 

He he storms to the back of the theatre and asks me why we're doing this. I took him out of the auditorium to not disturb anyone and asked what was wrong. He complained that even when we play DC movies, we have to "ruin" it with "marvel crap" and it "isn't fair." He asked to speak to my manager.

Five minutes later he goes back into the movie not too mad anymore. I ask my manager what happened and he said "well it got better after he called me a "hater of DC comics".

:rotfl:

• Like 18

42 minutes ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

But don't you want to at least watch it once just so you can justify your criticism at the discussion. When the film is this divisive the only way to judge the movie is to see it yourself. It wasn't F4 situation where people were either say it's 'bad' or 'just ok'. BvS is a movie that people's score could be varied from 1-10.

Oh yeah, I'll definitely watch it. Just not in theaters. I have no problem waiting. I hope the extended cut fixes some of the issues that I'll have with it as is.

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I'm so glad I'm not a mod, it'd ruin this place for me

Oh I know, especially on wknds like this when people get super mad and start losing their shit. It'd be like handling an army of belligerent shitposting toddlers. 

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Was checking BvS as it was starting, making sure lights were down, screen was properly projecting etc. Then the Civil War trailer came up and this one guy stood up livid. 

He he storms to the back of the theatre and asks me why we're doing this. I took him out of the auditorium to not disturb anyone and asked what was wrong. He complained that even when we play DC movies, we have to "ruin" it with "marvel crap" and it "isn't fair." He asked to speak to my manager.

Five minutes later he goes back into the movie not too mad anymore. I ask my manager what happened and he said "well it got better after he called me a "hater of DC comics".

Hahaha see I'm so glad this movie exists alone for stories like this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

Such low expectations for such a strong brand. :jeb!:

B)

Lord of the Rings and Star Wars both had their stories deeply tied to the original trilogy. Beasts is not a prequel, but a complete spin-off with no connection to the characters of the Potter series. It's a far bigger risk. 

Edited by Noctis

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

:rofl: sounds like a DC version of iJack 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Oh yeah, I'll definitely watch it. Just not in theaters. I have no problem waiting. I hope the extended cut fixes some of the issues that I'll have with it as is.

But it has no issues.

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

5 in a day is too much now that the prices are up because of BVS, I'll only do that on Wednesday when is promo day

Watched it three times already. Tickets are seven bucks at the small theater in my town so I'll be heading there for my next two before probably calling it.

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Oh this your theater? 

Your manager and your chain are the devil for playing those pesky Marvel trailers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yeah, its totally the theater's fault how the movie was made. :lol: