jb007

Monday BvS 3.1 Rth

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Wouldn't be surprised at all if the 2016 Jungle Book, a movie no one expects to beat BvS WW, actually does beat BvS WW-wise. ;)

Also i made a WW-club about "The Jungle Book". Check it out to join there. http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21542-the-jungle-book-2016-over-maleficent-758m-ww/

Man.....who would have thought? BvS....sandwiched between 2 Disney films, Zootopia & The Jungle Book......and they both are likely to beat BvS WW....and probably go to $1B WW.

No one predicted that before going into this year. :o That's bonkers.

Shouldn't everyone know by now not to underestimate Disney? And not to overestimate Zack Snyder? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Please.

He won the Oscar for Argo,he was good in Gone Girl,and even for the haters he is good in BvS.

I'm not a hater. I hate BvS because it's a bad film, like I hate B&R and SM3, for very similar reasons. 

But as far as I know, Affleck is a comic book nerd. It isn't out of nowhere that he and Kevin Smith used to be close. It's not out of nowhere that he took this job, and I feel he's invested enough to commit to a Batman solo film if that means he will be able to deliver it like Nolan did. And I actually sincerely think he can do a better job than Nolan with Batman. 2018 for a Batman solo film, especially with Affleck involved doesn't look rushed at all to me. What is rushed is to move with JL for a November 2017 release while going through the fiasco that WB is having to face right now. Takeover the Justice League from Snyder is something I don't think he'd want, and I actually think that the biggest piece on this chess board that is vouching for Snyder is Affleck himself, but I hope Snyder himself is already convinced that it just doesn't make sense to move forward as it is. He said himself that he doesn't think he can do better than this, so he might as well to step down.

2 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Batman solo film isn't happening in 2018. Justice League will film for most of the year. That means will have to go into production right after Justice League. Not happening.

I don't think any of them are happening personally.

4 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'm predicting right now that JUSTICE LEAGUE won't perform any better at the Box office than BvsS currently is..

I think BvS's opening was the ceiling for DCCU films with the current people in charge. Make some changes and maybe the following films can go higher.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Eastwood51 said:

So BVS was beat by Zootopia on it's second Monday of release? Staggering...

No. 'Twas a joke, but Zootopia's 2nd Monday was higher than BvS 2nd Monday it seems.

Also, did anyone else notice that Zootopia's 2nd weekend was $4,000 larger than BvS'? 

Edited by StarSaber

Just now, Bishop54 said:

I think BvS's opening was the ceiling for DCCU films with the current people in charge. Make some changes and maybe the following films can go higher.

Get someone like Whedon, Abrams, Tim or George Miller or even Favreau, give them reasonable time to come up with a plan and the DCCU could easily go toe to toe with the MCU, and the way I see it, that's a great thing to WB, a great thing to the fans and most of all an AWESOME thing for the genre. It will only suck to the snobs that don't like superhero films by default, but those are a very minor group, both among public AND critics. Make the DC films great and the public will flock to it, just look at Deadpool for recent evidence. 

2 minutes ago, StarSaber said:

No. 'Twas a joke, but Zootopia's 2nd Monday was higher than BvS 2nd Monday it seems.

Also, did anyone else notice that Zootopia's 2nd weekend was $4,000 larger than BvS'? 

You forget that ZOO benefit from the spring holidays. Yes, ZOO is a wonderful movie with huge success. But comparing Monday numbers is just senseless.

• Like 2

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Get someone like Whedon, Abrams, Tim or George Miller or even Favreau, give them reasonable time to come up with a plan and the DCCU could easily go toe to toe with the MCU, and the way I see it, that's a great thing to WB, a great thing to the fans and most of all an AWESOME thing for the genre. It will only suck to the snobs that don't like superhero films by default, but those are a very minor group, both among public AND critics. Make the DC films great and the public will flock to it, just look at Deadpool for recent evidence. 

YAY!

How many times today will you be posting this? I predict at least 7 times if we are lucky.

"They should hire so and so...blah blah blah...DCEU has potential...blah blah blah...Snyder sucks....blah blah blah....make DC great again....blah blah blah...I love DC but it is crappy...blah blah blah...Deadpool is awesome...Blah blah blah...Death to Snyder...blah blah blah"

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, leatherjacket said:

You forget that ZOO benefit from the spring holidays. Yes, ZOO is a wonderful movie with huge success. But comparing Monday numbers is just senseless.

I did not forget that, I was noting the situation.

Please don't get your hopes up for more than 1.1-1.3 for Zoo....

To be frank I don't find the BvS number as horrifying as some of you do. There is precedent for a mid -70% fall on this particular monday. But still when compared to its grosses a week ago it does look bad, but context is everything. It would be a bad monday if the weekend had been in the 60s. 

• Like 1

If BvS does sub-$20 million this weekend, it'll finish below Zootopia, Deadpool and possibly (not likely) Jungle Book DOM. 

Might not even make the top 7 DOM for 2016 if CA3, Dory and Rogue One live up to expectations and Moana/Pets/SS break out. 

Might even miss a 2x 

I think the Top 10 of the year goes like this:

1. Rogue One: 530M

2. Finding Dory: 460M

3. Civil War: 430M

4. Deadpool: 370M

5. BVS: 330M

6. Zootopia: 320M

7. Suicide Squad: 300M

8. Fantasic Beasts: 290M

9. Secret Life of Pets: 270M

10. The Jungle Book: 260M

I really don't know what to do with SS :kitschjob:   The hype is there but BVS might have hurt it.

Edited by WrathOfHan