Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

7 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

Some of them probably still want more paychecks from Disney.

Others, who have quit the MCU, might not care, or disagrees with ScarJo for whatever reason.

Another reason could be they don’t know what to say, they’ve maybe never been ripped off the way ScarJo has. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alligator Zatt said:

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/07/kevin-feige-livid-black-widow-release-rwb1/

From former THR editor Matthew Belloni (paid) newsletter. There is an obvious power struggle at play here. Chapek will take the fall, and good riddance. Iger is still needed to run this boat.

Love it when shithead CEOs face consequences. 

Doesn't happen enough. 

Unrelated to Johansson but CEOs (and other execs) should face criminal charges if they are found to have covered up crimes. The US (but also everywhere else) is pathetic at pursuing them. Has a single CEO ever been prosecuted? None from Big Tobacco, Oil & Gas, Finance, Pharma etc. Perhaps only the Enron guy but that's because he stole from other rich people.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Alligator Zatt said:

From former THR editor Matthew Belloni (paid) newsletter. There is an obvious power struggle at play here. Chapek will take the fall, and good riddance. Iger is still needed to run this boat.

I give it until August before Chapek caves and gives Scarlett Johansson what he wants or is forced out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alligator Zatt said:

You just don’t piss your biggest money maker.

No, you do not. The last parson who did that was Ike Perlmutter, and he's been ousted from the company. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Heh I still remember when that guy was announced and everyone was, like, he looks like Thanos! Well, look what happened. :Gaga:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The question I have is: was The Rock given an extra payment for Jungle Cruise going to Disney+ but Scar Jo wasn’t? :popcorn:

The ROck is , frankly, a bigger name and a bigger box office draw then Johannson. i love Scarlett, but she has yet to shown she can draw outside of the Black Widow. THe Rock is one of the few stars who is considered a solid draw. The Rock had...no pun intended....more muscle and got a better deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

The ROck is , frankly, a bigger name and a bigger box office draw then Johannson. i love Scarlett, but she has yet to shown she can draw outside of the Black Widow. THe Rock is one of the few stars who is considered a solid draw. The Rock had...no pun intended....more muscle and got a better deal.

Did he? I couldn’t find anything about his Jungle Cruise/Disney deal online. I thought they weren’t paying anyone bonuses for the films that moved to Disney+?

15 minutes ago, jimisawesome said:

They have done this in the past pissing off and losing their biggest most profitable TV producer over a Disneyland Ticket.

I think that Feige is gonna get his way on this one though.

I have been reading up on this case..with special attention to the purly legal aspects...and Scarlett has a pretty weak case. She would have to prove that the decision to distribute on Dinsey+ was done delibertly to derpive her of income, and that would be very difficult.

it is a situation where what Disney did might suck (not offering her a percentage of the stremaing revenue as compensation) but legally they are in the clear.

I expect it will  be settled out of court,

I aslo suspect that from now on a Percentage of the Streming revenue  will included with a percentage of the theatrical gross in contracts.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

For what it’s worth, Lucy was a pretty nice-sized hit back in 2014. Sure, that’s seven years ago and not at all an argument that she’s on the same level as the Rock, but she has shown her name can draw outside of Black Widow, at least more than other MCU actors have.

• Like 2

Anyone claiming that Scarlett isn’t a bigger name than The Rock is crazy. Scarlett is an Oscar nominated actor that played pivotal roles on most of the biggest box office films of all time. The Rock is well, The Rock. He went to have a good career after Scorpion King but lol at comparing both.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Anyone claiming that Scarlett isn’t a bigger name than The Rock is crazy. Scarlett is an Oscar nominated actor that played pivotal roles on most of the biggest box office films of all time. The Rock is well, The Rock. He went to have a good career after Scorpion King but lol at comparing both.

I don’t think it’s controversial to state that Hollywood deems Rocky Maivia a bigger star.

• Like 5