Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

This is gonna make so much money. Wouldn't be surprised if it won 2020.

until something else moves / is announced for 2020, it's easily the strongest contender at BO out of all 2020 films. very likely it will win the year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

As one of the biggest MCU stans yeah gonna be really shocked if this is even Top 3 of 2020. I'll be expecting a Winter Soldier type gross and be over the moon with Ragnarok type numbers and beyond

Widow was one of the most talked about aspects of Endgame. Way more talked about than Spider-Man, and Far From Home is gonna reap the benefits from Spidey being a part of that film.

28 minutes ago, TMP said:

Widow was one of the most talked about aspects of Endgame. Way more talked about than Spider-Man, and Far From Home is gonna reap the benefits from Spidey being a part of that film.

True but that is well idk about spoilers but let's just say FFH is carrying the story directly after Endgame while this one for now seems to be a prequel which inherently limits the investment. Captain Marvel got over this by Infinity War teasing her as being an important part of Endgame. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

No to say a big end game spolier, but how could it not be a prequel, isn't the only question how far back it is ?

Crazier things have happened in the MCU but that hairstyle if taken literally definitely suggests otherwise to me. I don't care what it is either way, I'll be there day one. Just an interesting style choice if that's the route they go hair wise because I'd figured they wanted to at least differentiate herself from her Endgame look - unless it's a prequel just before Endgame or something crazy like that.

1 hour ago, Amorphous said:

Is this really a prequel? Her hairstyle is very similar to the hairstyle she had in Endgame. 

Aside from the shorter bangs it's most similar to her hair style in the AoE flashback sequence.  The length seems closer to that as well.

black-widow-age-of-ultron-flash-back-nat

Edited by Horner

Don’t see how a spy/espionage genre can be big scale enough to win the year. When was the last time a non CGI-heavy spectacle and non-epic action won the year? American Sniper in 2014 I guess, but that one came out in an incredibly weak year, and it’s such an American movie. 

The 2020 slate though looking weaker compare to the last few years, but it still looks better than 2014 imo. And there are still a lot of uncertainty non-concrete releases still not announced. 

The news of Budapest filming got me excited though. Marvel better let me know what the hell happened there.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:35 AM, Sam said:

The news of Budapest filming got me excited though. Marvel better let me know what the hell happened there.

I think the fact that it was a throwaway line that told us so much about their history together is why it worked, and showing it on screen would deflate it in retrospect. That'd be like showing the Kessel Run on fil... nvm.

On the non-spectacle thing, I think Widow's an incredibly popular character that even if this does cost $100-130m or something, the character is ingrained enough in pop culture to overcome the smaller scale.

• Like 2

And possibly a BIG BIG spoiler:

Spoiler

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/2GjRXr/hollywood-i-aandalsnes-scarlett-johansson-lot-stand-in-gjoere-grovjobben

The source claims that is the reality stone. A description of the scene: "There were loud cries heard from Scarlet's stand-in in the water, and great rejoicing when the cold scenes were done [..] The crew got an ice-cold, but perfectly bewitched, western-country atmosphere for the scenes".

a9887780-4ecd-4b6d-9b74-c32c3a9917c1?fit

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 5

18 minutes ago, TMP said:

I think the fact that it was a throwaway line that told us so much about their history together is why it worked, and showing it on screen would deflate it in retrospect. That'd be like showing the Kessel Run on fil... nvm.

On the non-spectacle thing, I think Widow's an incredibly popular character that even if this does cost $100-130m or something, the character is ingrained enough in pop culture to overcome the smaller scale.

Im with you on this.

1 hour ago, Durden said:

Reveal hidden contents

YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I can see it being the end of the movie. how she got out of the soul realm. Nat was done dirty in EG, my only complain, so I want BW to rock and do right by her. and yes, that's EG Nat look so it's gonna be addressed. 🙏

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Durden said:

Hide contents

https://www.vg.no/rampelys/film/i/2GjRXr/hollywood-i-aandalsnes-scarlett-johansson-lot-stand-in-gjoere-grovjobben

The source claims that is the reality stone. A description of the scene: "There were loud cries heard from Scarlet's stand-in in the water, and great rejoicing when the cold scenes were done [..] The crew got an ice-cold, but perfectly bewitched, western-country atmosphere for the scenes".

a9887780-4ecd-4b6d-9b74-c32c3a9917c1?fit

I don't think the suit looks like the one she had in Endgame, but maybe it's the picture