Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

I'm intrigued by this movie. On the one had it feels like it should have been done ages ago. On the other, MCU Black Widow is not a particularly arresting character who demands her own movie. It's just happening because Marvel make so many, so why the hell not her too? On the third hand, she doesn't have any superpowers/USP, doesn't have a strong personality, so I feel like they're going to have to work extra hard to make an engaging plot, which they might just do! On the fourth hand... 

16 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Captain Marvel wasted Annette Bening so bad

CM wasted everything, including the audience's time.

Hopefully, BW will be a million times better; the fact that Natasha Romanoff is a much more complex character than dull-as-dishwater Carol Danvers is a good start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 6

29 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Hopefully, BW will be a million times better; the fact that Natasha Romanoff is a much more complex character than dull-as-dishwater Carol Danvers is a good start.

Go somewhere else... 

EQ

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Audience didn't seem to think they had their time wasted

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I dont know if you are serious 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I dont know if you are serious 

Cochofles is just being Cochofles. Nothing new. 

It it would be really cool to have both David Harbour and Rachel Weiss in the MCU. I finally caved and binged Stranger Things last month and The Mummy is one of my favorite movies. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deja23 said:

Cochofles is just being Cochofles. Nothing new. 

It it would be really cool to have both David Harbour and Rachel Weiss in the MCU. I finally caved and binged Stranger Things last month and The Mummy is one of my favorite movies. 

Wait what? Isn’t Cocho perma-banned? 

• Astonished 1

51 minutes ago, Sam said:

Wait what? Isn’t Cocho perma-banned? 

Think he's trying to say that LAG's an alt Cocho's using to get around being banned (isn't the first time she's done it). I have doubts on that, but you never know.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Such a waste of time that they went back for multiple viewings helping it get over $1 billion!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hades said:

Mediocre films sometimes make over a billion...<_< 

I'm not arguing for or against its merits as a film but the person I quoted saying that it "wasted the audience's time" is just laughable considering the numbers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hatebox said:

- MCU Black Widow is not a particularly arresting character

- she doesn't have any superpowers/USP,

- doesn't have a strong personality,

- more than some of the others already

- not sure about that, she did a few things e.g. in Avengers 1 that could be named over-human (during intro maybe, or e.g. jumped per shield to flying things...) If they stay a bit more with the comics, she has the Russian (weaker) version of the CA serum

- disagree. She shows as much as she has to, but as a very successful spy you stay a bit under the radar, maybe that is what you miss

Edited by terrestrial

David Harbour:

“It’s not just joining it, but joining it with a great project. Cate Shortland is an unbelievable director. The Russian agent Black Widow, Florence Pugh, Rachel Weisz I’m hearing … I mean it seems like a dream come true. I was told the story, and I was told what I would be doing in the story, and it’s very satisfying and very cool. I was kinda like ‘I don’t need to see a script, I trust you guys.’ But also they were like, ‘We’re not going to show you a script, it’s not your choice,’ and I was like ‘Ok where do I sign?’”

http://collider.com/stranger-things-3-story-david-harbour/

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

I was kinda like ‘I don’t need to see a script, I trust you guys.’ But also they were like, ‘We’re not going to show you a script, it’s not your choice,’

Seekrit projects are the best projects.