Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

Immediately after seeing Endgame I was like: “Damn, Natasha’s sacrifice was a big deal, it would be a real undermining of stakes and impact to bring her back.”   

Now I’m like: “... but please do it anyway.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/1/2019 at 12:41 AM, Thanos Legion said:

Immediately after seeing Endgame I was like: “Damn, Natasha’s sacrifice was a big deal, it would be a real undermining of stakes and impact to bring her back.”   

Now I’m like: “... but please do it anyway.”

I'm thinking that entire 2012 timeline with Loki stealing the Tesserect, Tony giving himself a heart attack, Steve telling Steve that Bucky's alive and telling Hydra he's one of them means everyone is available and back on the board in branched out universe.  ^_^

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

In every Marvel topic except Endgame.  :rofl:

It is really funny that they’re allowed in:

Far From Home

Black Widow

Falcon & Winter Soldier   

GotG3

But not:

Endgame   

However, to fulfill my pedantic duties, I’ll note that they aren’t allowed atm in:

The Eternals

Shang-Chi

BP2

DS2 (tbf the most recent comment is from April 4. Also, apparently, mine.)

• Like 1

I’m the most perplexed about box office for this. Considering how big Widow’s sacrifice was, the fact that it’s a prequel (that although may include one element for the MCU future will help it feels kind of redundant) as well as the fact that I would argue hype would be bigger four to five years ago, I see it around Doctor Strange to The Winter Soldier numbers DOM. 

I kind of don’t want them to bring her back as much as I love the character as that is a cheap shot.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m the most perplexed about box office for this. Considering how big Widow’s sacrifice was, the fact that it’s a prequel (that although may include one element for the MCU future will help it feels kind of redundant) as well as the fact that I would argue hype would be bigger four to five years ago, I see it around Doctor Strange to The Winter Soldier numbers DOM. 

I kind of don’t want them to bring her back as much as I love the character as that is a cheap shot.

It would be helpful to know how much of a standalone this will be. It could be a her Red Room origin stuff with a Hawkeye cameo or it could go deep into some multiverse stuff and set up BW 2. 

I share the CAWS $ expectations. I would love for it to go crazy and go $400 dom/$1 billion overall, but I don’t see the path to that. 

Whatever. I’ll be there for the preview night. 

I was of the mind that this movie came too late (thanks Ike) but with all that ScarJo/Black Widow had done for MCU, she deserves a solo movie. So yeah, better late than never. The more female lead SH movies, the merrier.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Sam said:

I was of the mind that this movie came too late (thanks Ike) but with all that ScarJo/Black Widow had done for MCU, she deserves a solo movie. So yeah, better late than never. The more female lead SH movies, the merrier.

Problem is how a movie about a character who has been killed off is going to do at the box office.

Marvel has Captain Marvel, they will soon have Sersi (Angelian Jolie) in "THe Eternals" and the Wasp, not to mention Sue Storm probably waitng in the wings ..with all the females in the X men a bit further back in the wings.

Marvel is fine for female heros without Natasha. I am skeptical about this film..at least from a finiancial point of view.

18 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

Kind of hope its set between Civil War and Infinity War like some rumors said. That would be cool

And then there are the rumors it takes place before Iron Man 2 and the rumors it will go Godfather 2, alternating between Natasha's early life and her being an Avenger.

IMHO a movie about the Widow's past would be more interesting than just another spy adventure .

Edited by dudalb

Black Widow will make hella money. People doubted Captain Marvel with everyone saying nobody cared about the character. Of course the Endgame connection helped, but couldn't the same thing be applied here? A lot of people were shocked at her sacrifice and if it is a quasi-prequel I honestly doubt people will go "why" if it looks good? So far, even with the set photos, I will be there Day 1.

2 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

She's with an iphone, so that means it doesn't set in the past.

8d3eea26d166fd0a52042a2c3155e0878399d9b7

How do we know that's not just her when cameras weren't rolling? Also, iphones existed before 2023, so it could still be a prequel