Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

On 4/4/2019 at 10:38 AM, Sam said:

Wait what? Isn’t Cocho perma-banned? 

On 4/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, CoolEric258 said:

Think he's trying to say that LAG's an alt Cocho's using to get around being banned (isn't the first time she's done it). I have doubts on that, but you never know.

Mind blowing.

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oooh love the secrecy.

I’ve been waiting years for this. Should’ve had a film much much earlier. 

On a side note, hopefully it’s the first film Rachel Weisz has ever been involved in that I actually like 😳

You don’t like The Mummy (1999)?

No offense to anyone but I don’t trust people who don’t like The Mummy (1999)

(Hate that I have to put the released year to not confuse people with the Tom Cruise The Mummy debacle lol)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

n a side note, hopefully it’s the first film Rachel Weisz has ever been involved in that I actually like

Wow, I liked her in The Fountain, in Bourne Legacy, and in Constantine.

Heard she is great in The Mummy too, but I think that one I missed.

I am pretty sure I forgot one or two other movies, but I am bad with names, titles.... so I usually remember only the titles where I had read discussions about repeatedly, and that are sadly usually only the more action filled, or blockbusters, or otherwise a bit non GA titles. 

5 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Wow, I liked her in The Fountain, in Bourne Legacy, and in Constantine.

Heard she is great in The Mummy too, but I think that one I missed.

I am pretty sure I forgot one or two other movies, but I am bad with names, titles.... so I usually remember only the titles where I had read discussions about repeatedly, and that are sadly usually only the more action filled, or blockbusters, or otherwise a bit non GA titles. 

You should watch it. It’s really great. So fun. 

Rachel Weisz was a treasure in it.

MQUY.gif

(Brendan Fraser was great in The Mummy too. He effortlessly embodied the Indiana Jones aesthetics but also carried the role with his own charms, unlike the million other actors Hollywood keep pushing as second Harrison Ford till now.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 4/4/2019 at 9:57 AM, Hades said:

Mediocre films sometimes make over a billion...<_< 

Yep.

Case in point, Captain Middling

But back on topic...I am not sure if Black Widow will gross a billion, but why would it have to in order to be considered a success?

Every single MCU film not starring the Hulk has been an all-around hit and has been generally perceived as a hit.

And BW will not be the exception (not with everything it has in its favor)...

For example, in her recent video GRace Randolph already is generating some idiotic narrative about BW and the whole "Will it gross a billion? Hmm...I don't know about that" or some other BS like that. BW is a more grounded character, and her film won't require the spectacle and scope that usually gets films a billie.

• Knock It Off 5

14 hours ago, Sam said:

You don’t like The Mummy (1999)?

No offense to anyone but I don’t trust people who don’t like The Mummy (1999)

(Hate that I have to put the released year to not confuse people with the Tom Cruise The Mummy debacle lol)

I have been on the rollercoaster at Universal like 50 times and love it but strangely haven’t seen the films! I think I’ll watch them soon then

11 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Her Evelyn in The Mummy is great fun but people, people have you not seen Weisz in The Favourite?   Spectacular.

tumblr_plh15hX9Gr1qa3emao1_500.png

3f83515c-8049-4c2a-91e1-d18e68536097-DSC

She was good, I thought the film was self indulgent dross 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:24 AM, TalismanRing said:

Her Evelyn in The Mummy is great fun but people, people have you not seen Weisz in The Favourite?   Spectacular.

tumblr_plh15hX9Gr1qa3emao1_500.png

3f83515c-8049-4c2a-91e1-d18e68536097-DSC

I really liked her in a film she did in 2017 which sort of disappeared but I really liked:
"Denial".

On 4/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, dudalb said:

Rachel Weisz is one of the most respected acttreses in the business, but trust people here to only remember her for "THe Mummy".

You mean the Mummy movies that are her 2 biggest grossers adjusted for inflation?

Why on earth would most people not remember her for her biggest hits? Am I missing something?