Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

15 hours ago, Durden said:

"The actress who plays the spy heroine will be returning for a 2020 stand-alone film, earning a figure in the $20 million range for both starring and producing".

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-downey-jrs-massive-payday-tops-avengers-endgame-star-deals-1205835

With xxxxx actor out of the way that top $$$ money was going to go somewhere and it is justly deserved by Scarlet.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 6:37 AM, jking123 said:

Hope this is set in the post Infinity war setting.

I'm thinking this one will be her pre-IM2 perhaps, or part of it reflect back to at minimum the now infamous Budapest situation she and Clint talk about. Also about the events of the 'Red' on her ledger.

I'd totally be for this being a whole pre-IM2 set film, her conversion to SHIELD and those trappings.

Perhaps a Black Widow 2 film has post-Avengers but pre-IW.

I'd suggest a Black Widow 3 film set post-IW but pre-EG as intriguing.

Edited by Captain Craig

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:37 AM, jking123 said:

Hope this is set in the post Infinity war setting.

It would go back and forth between that and Natasha's younger days. Maybe a sort of Godfather 2 type structure.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, Mr Terrific said:

I* would’ve guessed 90-100 OW, 220-250 dom for this. Do others see much higher?

* - not a concern troller. Just being conservative in face of possible lower spectacle like Ant-Man. 

I'm thinking they will certainly be looking to ramp up the spectacle content as far as possible. But how far can they go if it's an espionage/Mission Impossible-style genre movie??

Black Widow is going to be the only MCU movie released in a 16 month period!! After releasing four (and with FFH soon maybe five) movies which hit a billion dollars plus in the preceding 16 months, that's a considerable barren spell. 

On 5/7/2019 at 1:07 PM, lorddemaxus said:

Fast and Furious 9 is still releasing in 2020. Even with a decline from 8, should be able to become the highest grossing. DOM is a toss-up between Black Widow and Wonder Woman 1984.

I love me an MCU film. However, I'd think WW84 has the advantage and to me wins. Black Widow as a $250m+ DOM grosser sounds about right.

1 hour ago, Clouseau said:

edit......

Black Widow is going to be the only MCU movie released in a 16 month period!! After releasing four (and with FFH soon maybe five) movies which hit a billion dollars plus in the preceding 16 months, that's a considerable barren spell. 

Then one has to consider this wild card. It'll have been almost 1.5yrs since an MCU movie hit. Will people be hungry for more and show up in large numbers OR will this be a 'soft' opening. Not necessarily an indicator of the long mentioned(desired in some camps) CBM fatigue but just less rush factor.

4 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

So I mused on KJ and Twitter... This film has to introduce a new character to the MCU, right? Someone from the Fantastic Four maybe? 

Feige has pretty much said not to expect any of the Newcomers from Fox for a couple of years...though I think we will see the FF much sooner then the X Men...the FF will be much easier to introduce.

He's not gonna make the mistake the the DCU made by trying to dump a whole bunc of new charecters into the universe in a hurry.

And since a good deal of the plotline maybe all of it..takes place before the first Iron Man,I think introducing new major charecters would be sort of hard.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1