Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

"...today we call them computers" that's the last line of the film i screamed in the cinema.

Isn't there also a title card informing us that he was pardoned by the Queen eventually? How very nice of her. 

• Haha 1

i can't believe that the production designer of the imitation game is working on this got us to talk about the imitation game for a page and a half. the longest conversation anyone has had about that movie in three years.

• Like 4

All this talk about The Imitation Game got me thinking about the hysterical ending they had originally planned before they cut it out.

you see Alan Turing’s body, blurry in the foreground, as he lies dead on the bed, and there’s an apple with a bite taken out of it on the nightstand. As a writer, I was obsessed with the idea that this should be the last scene, but when we first saw it in the assembly cut, it fell really flat. ... We’d had this idea that we would end on the shot of the apple with the bite taken out of it, but when we saw it that way, we all laughed. The movie suddenly looked like an Apple commercial! It was instantly goofy, so we cut it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol that was a fun awards season.

Image result for billboard american sniper

The ending of American Sniper might be the only time I’ve heard someone yell “What the fuck” in the cinema.

"Alan Turing’s body, blurry in the foreground, as he lies dead on the bed, and there’s an apple with a bite taken out of it on the nightstand. As a writer, I was obsessed with the idea that this should be the last scene"

IS HE ZACK SNYDER??

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

no follow up credits for the guy who wrote the imitation game yet. AKIVA GOLDSMAN is still dining on that screenwriting oscar from near twenty years ago but this other guy can't get arrested.

Goldsman at least penned the script, produced AND directed Winter's Tale, which gave us this amazing scene with Will Smith and Russell Crowe. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Goldsman at least penned the script, produced AND directed Winter's Tale, which gave us this amazing scene with Will Smith and Russell Crowe. 

just look at his 2017 alone! Rings, King Arthur, Tran5formers, the dark tower!

you know he brought his oscar to every meeting for all of those movies!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Better scene

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

just look at his 2017 alone! Rings, King Arthur, Tran5formers, the dark tower!

you know he brought his oscar to every meeting for all of those movies!

I imagine Goldsman has to pull out the Oscar just to get into meetings with the major studios.