Fancyarcher

Mortal Engines | December 14, 2018 | Universal

On 11/24/2016 at 8:06 PM, kayumanggi said:

A very bold release date. I want this to do well but with AVATAR II opening a week after this one is suicidal.

What are you smoking its releasing in 18 and avatar in 19

Holmes and Watson gonna go the greatest showman way, MarryPoppins Jumanji way,  Bumble Bee and Aquaman will share Star Wars, SpiderMan will go  PitchPerfect3 way,  and Mortal Engine Father Figure way and Alita Downsizing way

8 hours ago, James said:

It is so weird how YA in movies has died, but in publishing it is stronger than ever. Either way, the movie looks super fun. It gives me some City of Ember vibes and that was a blast.

Yes! That's true, City of Ember was great, I loved that movie and I can't believe it's been 10 years. If this movie is half as good as that...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That trailer was a huge mess. 

it was a snoozefest, devoid of any energy and urgency. i think the problem was that the trailer fails to convey how high the stakes are if the protagonists fail. don't know anything about the story but guessing it's in that vein similar to lotr and hobbit.

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Like 1

Either this is going to be a crappy  movie,or we have just seen the most inept and badly made trailer in the history of film.

This looked like an interesting idea for a film, but,man, it looks as if they screwed it up.

Note to PJ: Maybe putting a first time director in charge of a big budget film was not such a great idea...