CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It's a pretty good date, i said somewhere here months ago that they should go for this date.

On October 1st will be just between Venom and Bond and certainly will suffer because of that.

On October 22 both Venom and Bond will have most of their money already and Dune will have full 2 weeks without any big competition before Eternals on November 6.

I believe this will give it a longer run on IMAX screens too, whereas it’d have lost out to Venom and Bond on its previous date.

And Universal moves Last Night in Soho to the 29th in 3, 2, 1…

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It's a pretty good date, i said somewhere here months ago that they should go for this date.

On October 1st will be just between Venom and Bond and certainly will suffer because of that.

On October 22 both Venom and Bond will have most of their money already and Dune will have full 2 weeks without any big competition before Eternals on November 6.

This can only help a little but as long as HBO max is around, there is little aid to Dune. The last hope is Venice buzz

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

It's the next In The Heights where Twitter will not represent real life.

This is a very weird comparison, espescially considering both are completely different genres, people have been predicting this to flop since the day it was announced and, it definitely does have buzz outside of twitter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

Universal moves Last Night in Soho to the 29th in 3, 2, 1…

If Universal put Soho in that spot even after knowing that it's the weekend after Halloween Kills (another Universal horror film), a film with a completely different target demo isn't going to change its release date.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

If Universal put Soho in that spot even after knowing that it's the weekend after Halloween Kills (another Universal horror film), a film with a completely different target demo isn't going to change its release date.

I’m not so sure if I’d say they’re completely different demos, I think there’s a sizeable “fanboy” audience for Edgar Wright’s films and they are probably more likely to be drawn towards Dune. 

15 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I’m not so sure if I’d say they’re completely different demos, I think there’s a sizeable “fanboy” audience for Edgar Wright’s films and they are probably more likely to be drawn towards Dune. 

The "fanboy" audience for Wright is extremely small and likely cinephiles who'll likely end up watching both movies on the same weekend anyways (along with French Dispatch probably).

This movie trended very high all day on social media when teaser drops, have excellent views and reactions.

Even on YouTube this have 34M views on WB channel, and it's not because os ads because this have +600k likes, not too distant of movies like Shang Chi and Eternals.

I'm not sure how this gonna perform since we're still on pandemic and the HBO Max factor will hit it at some level, but this seems to have a real interest that ITH never had and i'm sure this won't be seen as a colossal failure like some people expect.

• Like 2