CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

1 hour ago, famicommander said:

This will be the best movie with "Dune" in the title that Sean Young was ever in.

Ah, Sean Young.

FOr a while in the 1980's she was supposed to be the Next Big Thing, but a string of bad script choices wrecked her career, any by 1990 she was reduced to campaiging for the role of Catwoman in "Batman Returns" by going on talk show in a Catwoman costume.

Hint:If you have to go on talk shows to campaign for a role, you ain';t getting it. And doing it in a crappy costume makes it even worse.

7 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Excuse you Von Sydow was excellent as usual.

No.

Nobody in that movie turned in a good performance. Not a single one, not in any of the different cuts out there. 

The only people from that movie who don't owe me pain and suffering damages are all the people who worked on the soundtrack.

3 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

🤨

27a0c7f2151cb2cb44407640eb52d9f4a5399316

giphy.gif

Utterly horrible performances on both of their parts.

At least Kyle proved he could act later on, which is more than can be said about Sting. But in this movie every line Kyle delivers sounds like he's in a high school play and he just read the line off the script for the first time in his life.

20 minutes ago, famicommander said:

No.

Nobody in that movie turned in a good performance. Not a single one, not in any of the different cuts out there. 

The only people from that movie who don't owe me pain and suffering damages are all the people who worked on the soundtrack.

I really, really, did not like Lynch;s Dune very much, but the cast was not the main problem. David Lynch being the wrong choice for the director was.

But the actor turning Baron Hakkonen into a cartoon caricature with his scenary chewing...yeah, that was a bad performance .

Just now, dudalb said:

I really, really, did not like Lynch;s Dune very much, but the cast was not the main problem. David Lynch being the wrong choice for the director was.

But the actor turning Baron Hakkonen into a cartoon caricature with his scenary chewing...yeah, that was a bad performance .

I am not saying all the actors in the movie are bad actors.

I'm saying all of their performances in the movie were bad, just like nearly everything else about the movie.

David Lynch was as equipped to tackle Dune as a horse is to tackle brain surgery.

5 minutes ago, famicommander said:

David Lynch was as equipped to tackle Dune as a horse is to tackle brain surgery.

Yeah...but that's what's so AWESOME about it!  😁  Like spice, I will love this movie until I die. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Yeah...but that's what's so AWESOME about it!  😁  Like spice, I will love this movie until I die. 

TO each his own, I guess.

I admit there is a sort of horrible fascinatiion about Lynch's Dune, but it the same kind of fascination you get from seeing a really bad car wreck.

Me, I just disliked seeing a book I loved getting trashed of badly on the screen.

My taste in bad movies runs more to "Plan Nine From Outer Space"anyway.

• Like 1

Everyone is fuckin terrible in Lynch's Dune. The movie is a chore to sit through and especially if you've seen gifs and memes and think it might be fun. Nope. Sy Fy adaptation is better. Some uneven acting like not all terrible. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Top_10_Day_and_Date_Movie_Premieres_2021

Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi epic Dune had a great opening weekend in both theaters and streaming on HBO Max. The movie was released on the streaming service the same day it hit theaters to a large audience, making it the top title for engagement of all day-and date releases of 2021, according to data from Reelgood.

Dune starring Timothee Chalamet had 12.0% streaming and engagement share, up more than 2 points from the next most popular release The Suicide Squad which opened August 8 with 9.4% engagement. HBO Max also holds the third and fourth spots with Mortal Kombat and Godzilla vs. Kong, while Disney+ ad 7.5% engagement with the release of Black Widow in July.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/dune-on-hbo-max-had-the-top-streaming-opening-weekend-of-2021-so-far/

• Like 3