CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

43 minutes ago, slambros said:

Quentin Tarantino

Martin Scorcese

Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu

We can tell from DiCaprio's recent choices that he prefers to work with excellent, cutting-edge directors.

So with this in mind, we can infer that DiCaprio would, in fact, have an interest in working with Villeneuve.

Take the possibility with a grain of salt, but who knows. Strangers things have happened before.

(To be honest, I think the prospects of this film would become a lot more clear when we see how Mortal Engines is able to perform.)

Good point about Leo!:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, snarkmachine said:

There's no way Timothee Chipotle isn't getting cast in this. 

Yes there is. he smells a bomb and turns it down. Like, it could be the best movie ever but you don't want to be a young, up and coming actor who headlined a big loss for the studio. Not even if it isn't your fault. 

You are as hot as your last movie. 

That said, he would be a great choice. Paul is a teenager and Timmy is early 20s so that's fine. I've just seen the most idiotic fan casting for Paul - Oscar Isaac! :hahaha:Like, the guy's 40, why the fuck is he fancast as a teenager? 

Edited by Valonqar

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, New Year New Panda said:

I think Villeneuve should take the Bond film first then use the good will to make this.  I want him to be able to make whatever he wants and not be hindered because a few of his movies underperformed.

"Dune" needs to be more then one film a la LOTR.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:33 PM, John Marston said:

This could do ok if the budget is 100m or less

No way you could make DUNE for 100 Million and not have a turkey on

your hands.It is a "go big or go home" type of film.

AMused by people pontificating on this and have never read the novel. Let's put it this way:as Tele says, it is comparable to LOTR in the difficulties of  making it into a movie.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, New Year New Panda said:

I think Villeneuve should take the Bond film first then use the good will to make this.  I want him to be able to make whatever he wants and not be hindered because a few of his movies underperformed.

And if pigs had wings they could fly.......

Reality is, and always will be, the projects a director can do will  be determined by his box office success. This is particularly true if you have a fondness for big budget projects. Film is a business,and investors like to get their money back..and with profit.

2 hours ago, New Year New Panda said:

I think this could be a hit, but it has to be done big and right.  A Sci-FI LOTR

Agreed. No way you can do it justice in one film...even a three hour plus one.

And in many ways,just from a writing point of view, it is more challenging then LOTR.The charecters are more complex then in LOTR and in many ways it is closer to Game Of Thrones in that which side is good and which is bad is not always simple. Villaneuve needs to bring his A game to this, and if he cannot get an adequate budget he should just walk away for now.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:51 AM, BardCrank said:

I love Villeneuve and it seems like he will do a great job here but I can't see this one making good money 

That is why I think if Villeneuve cannot get the kind of budget he wants, he should do what Del Toro did on Mountains of Madness and just walk away for the time being.

• Like 1