grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

9 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I don’t think you people realize just how incredibly successful Harts standup career has been. His tours blow out everyone else’s in terms of pricing and sales, and have been doing it for a long time. This period of extended success is remarkable and he’s bordering on being in an category by himself if he’s not already there. 

Kevin Hart's top 5 grossing films are:

1.  Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (with The Rock);
  2.  Secret Life of Pets;
  3.  Jumanji: The Next Level (with The Rock);
  4.  The Secret Life of Pets 2;
  5.  Central Intelligence (with The Rock).

His next top grossing film is Scary Movie 4.

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Still at 55% after 82 reviews. After the initial wave of negative reviews, the large majority of the most recent 40 reviews have been positive. 

I still think it has an (ever-shrinking) chance of going positive, or at least getting closer to it.

If you look at the breakdown of scores, it's getting 35% from "Top Critics" and about 65% from normal critics. If you assume the same trend continues, and the same split occurs as The Suicide Squad (62 "Top Critics" and 311 normal critics), it will get exactly 60%.

Then again, the next batch of critics could love/hate it and none of the above matters 😁

Edited by TheScarecrow

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

The Rock is one of the laziest actors in Hollywood, he's a green screen guy who cares more about selling his merch than making something good. He'll never be Arnold who actually cared and worked with some of the greatest directors in Hollywood which resulted in many great films people still watch and rewatch to this day.

This is very funny looking back at Arnold's career. The dude barely did any acting in Terminator, almost 10 years into his acting career. Didn't have to do much in Predator. I guess was decent in T2. And got a few adult thrillers thrown his way. But his career is hilariously similar to Dwayne's.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

This is very funny looking back at Arnold's career. The dude barely did any acting in Terminator, almost 10 years into his acting career. Didn't have to do much in Predator. I guess was decent in T2. And got a few adult thrillers thrown his way. But his career is hilariously similar to Dwayne's.

I agree. He was a mediocre actor but was part of some great action movies in 80s. Apart from Predator and Terminator, I especially loved Commando. Again his acting was through his body language. His face showed nothing. He evolved to a better actor in 90s when he did T2, Last Action  Hero, Total Recall and my favorite has to be Cameron's True Lies. At his height he was easily the most popular action star and I remember in Summer 93 there was huge hype around Last Action Hero vs Cliff Hanger. Another movie from Spielberg with just Dinos trampled over both the movies :-)

Rock has been around in movies for 20 years now, but his sudden rise in 2015-2016 is really interesting. Hercules was a bomb in 2014, yet summer 2015 had San Andreas and F7(although he wasn't much in it). That year was easily the turning point of his career.

Edited by Saul Goodman

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Lmao, Schwarzenegger in Predator is better than anything The Rock has done

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Yeah but Terminator is one of the all-time classics. 

T2 as well. 

True Lies is great fun. 

Total Recall is awesome. 

Predator is solid. 

Twins is fun. 

Has The Rock been in even one good movie? 

8 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Yeah but Terminator is one of the all-time classics. 

T2 as well. 

True Lies is great fun. 

Total Recall is awesome. 

Predator is solid. 

Twins is fun. 

Has The Rock been in even one good movie? 

What is with all this hate for The Rock?

The Mummy Returns, Get Smart, Fast Five, Fast & Furious 6, Furious 7, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Hobbs & Shaw, Jumanji: The Next Level.

12 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

100% agreed.

Let's see whether Black Adam is Aquaman level fun; and see how BP2 stacks up in Nov.

I have seen BLACK ADAM and it's not as fun as AQUAMAN. It's obviously also smaller in scale. It's just an 'okay' movie.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Rocks best performances are when he plays idiots 

I think my favorite that I’ve seen is when he played a nerdy teenager but admittedly I haven’t seen that many and have forgotten most of those.

52 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I have seen BLACK ADAM and it's not as fun as AQUAMAN. It's obviously also smaller in scale. It's just an 'okay' movie.

I just watched it here in Singapore. Darn good movie IMO; people were clapping at the end and there were some unexpected twists.

Dr Fate stole the show. Will rewatch it in IMAX.

Very pleasantly surprised - this was not bad at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Arnold is not some brilliant actor, sure, just like The Rock, and both are charismatic, but main difference is Arnold was part of many iconic films done by amazing directors and he has a bunch of iconic roles behind his back, you can't say the same about The Rock, he wasted his peak on shitty movies with forgettable roles and he doesn't have T-800, Dutch or Conan to come back to when his career nosedives. Also Arnold actually worked his ass off on sets unlike The Rock standing in front of green screens.

3 hours ago, TheScarecrow said:

What is with all this hate for The Rock?

The Mummy Returns, Get Smart, Fast Five, Fast & Furious 6, Furious 7, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Hobbs & Shaw, Jumanji: The Next Level.

No, some of those are fun, some are mediocrity, but nothing comparable to Arnold's best.

Edited by Firepower