grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

you know watching that trailer, its amazing how accurate this video continues to be about so many modern movie trailers

Watching them side by side is quite on point. That the original version of the covered song apparently:

33 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

D7QTslPWkAExBJZ.jpg

IMO, it doesnt look bad.

A bit questionable? Yeah.

I think the fact that hes in motion makes him look off?  It adds to the blur effect. 

For me, it doesnt seem as bad as Steppenwolf in some shots or some BP/Killmonger final battle scenes, going by recent blockbusters. 

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Watching them side by side is quite on point. That the original version of the covered song apparently:

Yup and thank god they removed all the life and personality from such a cool song. Why have music in your trailer that might make an impression on people when you can have some dull, whisper-y cover version that sounds like every other movie trailer on the planet? WHY DO THEY DO THIS? IT MAKES ME ANGRY.

This trend is stupid and has been going on way too long, but it's especially annoying when it's a song I really like.

Edited by MOVIEGUY

18 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I understand the lack of Arnold ( T-800 ) in the trailer. I mean, his character died in T2, and if this is the true sequel, he should be nowhere to be seen.  So, his return is probably a plot point, and I'm glad they didn't spoil how it happens.

I'm worried about the total lack of John Connor. The whole plot is about that character. 

It's very possible that the events of T2 changed the future to the extent that John Connor is no longer the savior of the human race. It's not that much of a jump. 

Okay, instead of taking shitty screencaps from a horrendous source (YT 1080p), watch the trailer here: http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/terminator-dark-fate/

Apple Trailers, QT 1080p (that you can download on the link above), MUCH higher quality, much less compression than Youtube, it's embarrassing that studios debut trailers for their films on Youtube, I get why but it's disgusting to think that most people will see it this way and will be judging visuals off of that. Judging CGI work off of Youtube is a fool's errand, the compression is so crazy that it destroys the texture of the image and the VFX work.

Gabriel Luna's CG double is still too CGIey for now, but I'm sure it's still being worked on. Other shots that looked iffy on Youtube (because, duh, Youtube) no longer look that way in higher quality on Apple Trailers. Seriously guys, do yourselves a favor next time, for any film, look for the trailer on Apple Trailers. Or you can sometimes find them with an even higher bitrate on thedigitaltheater, sometimes, if you're lucky, ProRes quality trailers can be found online (2.5 to 3 gb per trailer, Youtube in comparison is 20-30 mb in 1080p). 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Okay, instead of taking shitty screencaps from a horrendous source (YT 1080p), watch the trailer here: http://www.hd-trailers.net/movie/terminator-dark-fate/

Thanks, was looking for a high quality version for download.

Collider had a discussion about the trailer, later on they get joined by Frosty who raved about the Cinemacon footage...

I hope what the people "in the know" say is true and if so i damn well hope they get their shit together and make a great 2nd trailer to get people excited. I want this to be good, i want it to perhaps have a sequel or two. ;)

• Like 2

Looks pretty darn cool so far, teaser trailer as said, Mackenzie looks fantastic, as she always is (seriously, anyone who hasn't seen Halt & Catch Fire, do yourselves a favor, one of the best shows around, Lee Pace, Scoot McNairy, Mackenzie Davis, Kerry Bishé, Toby Huss are amazing, the first season is a tougher watch for some, it really soared in season 2), the action looks darn cool. I wish it had more grit visually (SHOOT ON FILM FOLKS), but the mood, the locales, Arnold, Linda, Mackenzie, a dope new Terminator. 

I also love how the way the Terminator and Mac move,  especially her, feels like a dance almost, very fluid.

• Like 1

The footage itself is okay and i like the actors but how it was cut and the song... it didn't do much for me. Again, put the iconic theme in there, duh! Or something else, just not THAT.

The only thing i'm a bit iffy on is the baddie, specifically the actor. He lacks that menace, that determination in his face that was so prevalent with Arnie in T1 and Robert Patrick in T2. Instead, Gabriel Luna comes across expressionless, his face totaly neutral. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be since he's a machine but again that wasn't the case previously.

I see what you're saying about Luna, we'll see but probably voluntary. Watching the video above from Collider, watch it when Frosty shows up, around 9 min, he explains super well how great the CinemaCon footage was when they got a look at longer scenes (obviously), and that it felt very much like something that followed T2. The teaser trailer is to sell it to the masses, I'm looking forward to the more story driven second one. 

2 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

:sarah:

Sarah Connor wielding the bazooka made me chuckle. Lowkey reminder how I missed Linda Hamilton's presence from this franchise and that she is indeed a key component of Terminator trinity.

Mackenzie Davis is already better than Sam Worthington and Jai Courtney from the few glimpses showcased here. Can't be as bad as the last two entries.

• Like 5