grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

10 hours ago, Elessar said:

Because the team behind it is better.

I would consider Salvation better than T3.

Cameron's involvment might be smaller than we think and Tim Miller as a director is a wild card (he has only one full-length movie).

Salvation isn't alternate T3, it is sequel to T3. That's why I wasn't talk about it.

The funny thing is, if Dark Fate turns out as mediocre as the teaser suggests, then we have 4 post-T2 sequels/reboots/whatever-quels/boots movies of various timelines. Every of them are generally not outstanding but strangely each of them appeals to a respective small subset of Terminator fans, which can then in their headcanon take it as the proper sequel to T2.

Messy, as all time travel should be. If you mess with timelines, timelines will mess with you.   Thanos   Dark fate is inevitable.

Edited by justvision

4 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

Cameron has a story credit on DARK FATE, which is honestly more than I expected. I thought he was firmly in John Carpenter/HALLOWEEN mode of "Sure, whatever, use my name."

He was the one who got Linda involved again IIRC. 

• Like 2

Cameron is involved but by his own admission a normal week for him was Avatar by Day, Alita by Night and Terminator on Weekends. I think his involvement will be much less than it was on Alita which makes sense Terminator was originally around a year before Avatar 2's release. 

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Cameron is involved but by his own admission a normal week for him was Avatar by Day, Alita by Night and Terminator on Weekends. I think his involvement will be much less than it was on Alita which makes sense Terminator was originally around a year before Avatar 2's release. 

I'd say his involvement was about the same in both cases. He was there during the scripting phase and pre-production but was hands-off during production.

On 5/27/2019 at 3:37 PM, cdsacken said:

Man this movie looks terrible.

On 5/28/2019 at 8:32 PM, cdsacken said:

WW 200 Seema deserving. Looks horrible. Let Terminator die with the remaining dignity it has in tact.

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

Maybe it will do so bad it will finally die. Looks truly horrendous.

Excuse me, can you tell us again how you feel about it? Maybe tomorrow and the day after and the day after the day after tomorrow and...

Edited by Elessar
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pure Spirit said:

ANOTHER BILLIE MOVIE!

>ANOTHER BILLIE MOVIE

SOMEBODY STOP HIM!

:ohmygod:

Crazy, don't know how he can handle 2 billie movies in one year 

Edited by DAJK
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1