grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

Damn , Paramount. First Dora then Sonic then this.... They really can't catch a break. MI 7 and 8 can't come soon enough for them. No wonder why they keep squeezing that MI franchise. tbh I'm also glad they keep making a sequel for it not only because its one of my most favorite franchises but also because they successfully maintain the quality for each installments.

• ...wtf 1

21 minutes ago, Claudio said:

I'm also glad they keep making a sequel for it not only because its one of my most favorite franchises but also because they successfully maintain the quality for each installments.

It's so weird as well considering McQuarrie said on his 6 hour Empire podcast on Fallout that the productions of these films are insanely messy. They start shooting with 37 pages of script and go from there, yet somehow crafted arguably one of the best American action films of the last decade (I'd argue the best behind Fury Road).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Damn , Paramount. First Dora then Sonic then this.... They really can't catch a break. MI 7 and 8 can't come soon enough for them. No wonder why they keep squeezing that MI franchise. tbh I'm also glad they keep making a sequel for it not only because its one of my most favorite franchises but also because they successfully maintain the quality for each installments.

As long Tom Cruise is there they could still end up being  fine taking chances until they struck the gold. But that studio basically have scheduled death sentence moment Tom Cruise's Lazarus pit isn't effective anymore.  

Edited by Neno
  • Like 1

I like to read and write poems. So here it is. 

<Self-terminated>

Franchises come and go.

And the Terminator got self-terminated.

With the trailer, no need of Judgement Day.

The movie is already sentenced to death.

Let it rest in 1991.

But Greed said no.

Milk it to death, so say they.

Come Dark Fate, gone are fans.

People ask for Salvation 

But the answer is the eternal recurrence of Genisys.

Where does it all end?

So I command, Rise.

Rise of the machines.

Rise of ruthless critique.

Rise of the fandom and go against all incompetence.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

With apparently almost no teens showing up at Genesis OW:

https://deadline.com/2015/07/terminator-genisys-magic-mike-xxl-inside-out-july-4th-box-office-1201467675/

Extremelly high 65% M+25 audience, add older female, consider how large of an audience the 17-25 tend to be and there was not many audience needing an adult to buy a ticket present in that audience.

7 hours ago, TMP said:

It's so weird as well considering McQuarrie said on his 6 hour Empire podcast on Fallout that the productions of these films are insanely messy. They start shooting with 37 pages of script and go from there, yet somehow crafted arguably one of the best American action films of the last decade (I'd argue the best behind Fury Road).

Paramoun is playing Russian roulletter with starting the MI film without a decent finished script and sooner or later it will go off. Hopefully McQuarrie can use his muscle to get a good script in place before shooting. Yes, it can be rewritten and fine tuned during production, but to start a big budget film with just 37 pages of script is really asking for huge,huge problems.

23 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

This looks nothing like Genisys. The cinematography looks different, the effects look better, it's clearly treating itself more more seriously and the acting looks far less hammy. The trailer is solid but I don't trust this franchise. It's going to need good reviews.

I like the idea of taking the franchise back to it's roots, but after three crappy films in a row this film does have a certain skepticism to contend with.

Who knows, maybe Cameron getting involved will do the trick.  Yeah, he has done a lot post Titanic I did not like very much but if he is the guy who said "Let's get back to the dark and gritty roots" then he is on the right track.

I miss the lean and hungry young writer/director who did "Terminator 1".

Also curious to see how Tim Miller handles material that is a lot darker then anything he has handled up to now.

As to the R rating, I suspect there is quite a battle going on behind the scenes over that. Cameron is not stupid;I suspect he had Miller shoot a number of scenes in both R and PG 13 versions.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

IMO, it doesnt look bad.

A bit questionable? Yeah.

I think the fact that hes in motion makes him look off?  It adds to the blur effect. 

For me, it doesnt seem as bad as Steppenwolf in some shots or some BP/Killmonger final battle scenes, going by recent blockbusters. 

Please don't mention "Black Panther" in the same sentence.   "Black Panther" VFX is excellent in finished film.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by John2015
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TMP said:

I don't they'll be able to do that with Mission Impossible 7 and 8 since they'll be filming back to back.

1 hour ago, John2015 said:

Please don't mention "Black Panther" in the same sentence.   "Black Panther" VFX is excellent in finished film.

maxresdefault.jpg

The VFX for Killmonger definitely looks good in that shot.

However, I was referring to the CGI in the final battle in the Vibranium mine though. The cgi models for BP/Killmonger get quite wonky there 😅

olcigpgr1fd01.png

Thats not a knock on the entire film though, Im just saying that for some moments I just found the CGI in the film to be distracting. 

Edited by kaijukurt

3 hours ago, Alli said:

Paramount will die next year when Top Gun 2 spectacularly bombs. Terminator  is just the appetizer... 

you can't say TG2 will bomb without even a trailer, i would not call any Terminator films bombs either. The last Cruise bomb made over 400m , so TG2 probably won't be disaster unless Cruise injures himself to blow up budget to 300m.

9 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

The VFX for Killmonger definitely looks good in that shot.

However, I was referring to the CGI in the final battle in the Vibranium mine though. The cgi models for BP/Killmonger get quite wonky there 😅

olcigpgr1fd01.png

Thats not a knock on the entire film though, Im just saying that for some moments I just found the CGI in the film to be distracting. 

Dude, I didn't make a whole speech about not judging CGI off of Youtube videos for someone to use screencaps off a Youtube video to demonstrate that the VFX work during the T'Challa, Killmonger looks wonky. I remember thinking seeing it in IMAX and at home (on a 90 inch + screen, videoprojection) that it looks fine, it's not as polished as some of the rest sure. 

• Like 1