vlcsnap2012012216h21m45.jpg

Hobbit Trilogy - 90-95.5

Terminator 3 - 90

Terminator 4 - 90

Terminator 5 - 90

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

8 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

No. 

I concur. T2 may be a more mature product and excels in actions, but T1 is a better movie for me, because of the soulful eyes of Kyle Reese/Michael Biehn, and the relationship of Sarah Conner and Kyle Reese, and the founding of this franchise.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Crainy said:

Only because you can link 3 bad youtube videos here doesnt mean the trailer wasnt received positively overall.

Have You seen reaction on this forum? Or any other forum / site? Have You seen Collider conversation about the trailer? Grace Randolph live reaction? Or have You seen how many dislikes it has on official YouTube channel (55k)? This teaser received very negative buzz almost everywhere I checked, this videos are only examples.

10 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Can we atleast agree that T2 is greater than T1?

Nope. Both are equally awesome. T2 excells at being the blockbuster, it's slick, big, great set pieces. T1 on the other hand has that raw, gritty, almost horror vibe to it. And i love the 80's synths. :)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Just saw the trailer on the Dolby screen in Leicester Sq, looks far better than on YouTube, and has given me less anxiety about the movie. Still the plot leaks I fret over... but if the execution is done well! 

Haven't read the spoilers but i'll keep an open mind. Like you said, the execution matters. Had we had internet 30 years ago and read about the killing machine from T1 getting lessons from a teenager about how to say "hasta la vista, baby", i'm sure a lot of people would have risen an eyebrow...

• Like 2

I was one of the 6 people who actually liked Alien Covenant so I'm not even going to say the Terminator franchise is totally out of potential, but it really needs to let the past die now. No-one wants to see old Linda Hamilton and absolutely no-one wants to see old Arnold. They should explore the future war like Salvation did but give it the nightmarish aesthetic of the opening of T2 and, unlike Salvation, actually decide who the main character is before they start filming. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I was one of the 6 people who actually liked Alien Covenant so I'm not even going to say the Terminator franchise is totally out of potential, but it really needs to let the past die now. No-one wants to see old Linda Hamilton and absolutely no-one wants to see old Arnold. They should explore the future war like Salvation did but give it the nightmarish aesthetic of the opening of T2 and, unlike Salvation, actually decide who the main character is before they start filming. 

I partially agree. I believe people are very keen on seeing especially Hamilton back. But if i had called the shots, i would have also gone the future war route, like you said. It's one of the reasons i actually quite tolerate Salvation, even though the execution was kind of lacking.

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

Nope. Both are equally awesome.

This.

I probably love T2 a little bit more, because I saw it before T1 (couple of times) and the action is greater (the greatest action sequences of all time are in this film), but T1 is not worse film, in some ways it's even better that T2.

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

Haven't read the spoilers but i'll keep an open mind. Like you said, the execution matters. Had we had internet 30 years ago and read about the killing machine from T1 getting lessons from a teenager about how to say "hasta la vista, baby", i'm sure a lot of people would have risen an eyebrow...

Chill out, dickwad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I don't mean to discredit the creator of this series, but it needs more Cronenberg and less Cameron. The "save the child savior" is getting tiresome. Less cliche rescue plot, and more emphasis on the terrors of AI. A conversation with Elon Musk is more interesting than the last 3 Terminator films. Ex Machina, despite taking place in mostly one setting, is more thrilling than the last 3 entries. You'd think Cameron, a man of great attention to detail, would focus more on how Terminator being action oriented is tiresome drivel for its subject matter. The micro-budgeted "Machine" has quite a few faults, but at least it engaged the mind for some of its running time. Terminator series has been...stagnant for awhile.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1