kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

2 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Did they reshoot just to add cameos 

Apparently, the reshoots is for: remade some scenes, filming some aditional scenes that was always in the script but couldn't get made before because of Covid and availibilty of some actors, adding lots of new cameos.

59 minutes ago, Macleod said:

6-8 weeks of reshoots/pick-ups I would say encompasses more than just a few added cameos... 

Many independent films shoot in less time.  

My own guess is A lot of the reshoots were to bring Wanda of the movie mor ein line with Wanda of the miniseries. No doubt WandaVIsion made the charecter a lot more popular.

I have to laugh at ehe person who id angry the trailer did not have more "Ramie in it. How many trialers really show much of the style of the director?

Edited by dudalb

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

My own guess is A lot of the reshoots were to bring Wanda of the movie mor ein line with Wanda of the miniseries. No doubt WandaVIsion made the charecter a lot more popular.

I have to laugh at ehe person who id angry the trailer did not have more "Ramie in it. How many trialers really show much of the style of the director?

Elizabeth Olsen never was filming for the reshoots though she was currently filming her series with HBO Max

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

That's bit worrying, I hope they aren't thinking of sidelining her. 

She is the main draw of this movie 

It's impossible to sideline Olsen without rewriting the whole thing. And there was no report of rewrites. Also, after Wandavision becoming such a success including TV awards, they are not stupid to sideline her. 

I think $200M OW is in the cards, especially if the Multiverse aspect is really played up. This is fresh off NWH and Doctor Strange has really had time to build himself up since 2016 after the first film. He played a pretty big role in IW, EG and NWH. Plus, Wanda and Spoiler from trailer in it helps a lot.

While I enjoyed NWH a lot more than I thought I would, I found the Strange stuff to be the weakest part, so my concerns about this movie are not entirely assuaged. The trailer looked interesting though. Will be great to see Wanda back and some neat looking visuals. 

Edited by Menor

22 minutes ago, Menor said:

While I enjoyed NWH a lot more than I thought I would, I found the Strange stuff to be the weakest part, so my concerns about this movie are not entirely assuaged. The trailer looked interesting though. Will be great to see Wanda back and some neat looking visuals. 

Spoiler

The strange stuff in NWH was awful but it seemed pretty clear to me that his character integrity and competence was being sacrificed for the sake of the plot Sony wanted for Peter, I am looking forward to this as a fix.

sppiler tagged some comments on strange in NWH though really it’s nothing that wasn’t clear from trailers 

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Like 1