kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

Generally, once a movie obtains the certified fresh label, it remains certified fresh, unless the score drops below 70%. This is the first time I’ve seen Rotten Tomatoes give a movie a certified fresh score, only to take it back while the movie is still in the 70% range. 

• Astonished 1

Still haven’t seen this, sick since last Friday (which is why I have been away from the boards) and wont be able to see it for next few days till I get 100% better. And before release I had thought I would see it first day 😂to get the same atmosphere that there was in NWH and Endgame. 

• Sad 4

On the one hand, Multiverse of Madness got itself banned from China. On the other hand, Marvel appears to have gotten its box office revenge, somewhat— in the time since Multiverse of Madness' US opening, China has lost its position as the world's top box office market. Stephen Strange may be massively frontloaded, but the movie's packed enough magical power to easily outrace China's dynamic zero-Covid-hit theaters.

Acc. Box Office Mojo, US/Canada box office to date in 2022: $2.306 billion

Acc. Maoyan, China's box office to date in 2022: ¥14.989 billion RMB (at current exchange rates, $2.201 billion)

• Like 1

June 22 is absurd. Way too soon. 

the last thing we need are audiences expecting these massive movies to be available at home for free on streamers 7 weeks later.  Batman and now Strange. FML. 

Just put them out on PVOD rental with $20 price tags ffs! 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 5:56 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Still haven’t seen this, sick since last Friday (which is why I have been away from the boards) and wont be able to see it for next few days till I get 100% better. And before release I had thought I would see it first day 😂to get the same atmosphere that there was in NWH and Endgame. 

Gonna finally see this on Monday. Will see this and Top Gun back to back. Throat infection and especially cough persisted far longer than normal. Unfortunately I will not be able to see this in IMAX (or Atmos) as Top Gun has taken all the PLF's. But will catch Top Gun in Atmos.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 4:44 PM, wildphantom said:

June 22 is absurd. Way too soon. 

the last thing we need are audiences expecting these massive movies to be available at home for free on streamers 7 weeks later.  Batman and now Strange. FML. 

Just put them out on PVOD rental with $20 price tags ffs! 

Doctor Strange is about to hit a billion, it'll be fine with it. Other studios just did the same with The Last City, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Morbius. 

Universal, who up until recently only did 20 dollar rentals reeleased Amublance and the Bad Guys not just for rental, but purchase too - roughly 17 days after it's debut.

It's the new normal.

9 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Doctor Strange is about to hit a billion, it'll be fine with it. Other studios just did the same with The Last City, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Morbius. 

Universal, who up until recently only did 20 dollar rentals reeleased Amublance and the Bad Guys not just for rental, but purchase too - roughly 17 days after it's debut.

It's the new normal.

There is no way it will reach a billion, maybe 950M if everything goes well...

12 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Gonna finally see this on Monday. Will see this and Top Gun back to back. Throat infection and especially cough persisted far longer than normal. Unfortunately I will not be able to see this in IMAX (or Atmos) as Top Gun has taken all the PLF's. But will catch Top Gun in Atmos.

I hope you like it!

• Like 1