kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

21 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

You know what's even better? I watched the shows and still confused af.

I'm just ignoring Loki for now. Seems like it has no bearing on what is happening multiverse-wise in the movies, at least so far. The rest of it is pretty uncomplicated. 

The shows and movies connecting seems like a fun idea on paper but I don’t know if it will work in the long run.

Moon Knight working as a complete standalone is what they should stick too if they keep going with TV.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

I agree. That first act was pretty rough with some questionable dialogue and performances. The biggest problem is the use of green screen in the first few scenes. Not sure what went wrong there. 

The CGI in the background looked fine, it was how obvious the green screen was for whoever was standing in front of it. Strange! 

The last two thirds were great fun, lots of surprises and great Raimi moments! 

Isn't that every marvel movie ever? 3 hours of incomprehensible "plot" set against garish cg as multiple superheroes fly around with zero stakes preventing cities from being destroyed. mostly just noise pollution. at least this one is mercifully just over 2 hrs 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 4

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

My whole family really liked this, myself, my wife and my younger son all agreed this is our favourite marvel movie/show in the last few years, by a long shot actually. And for my older son he said this is his favourite marvel movie ever. I really liked The first movie so maybe that’s why I enjoyed this so much, I really like the character.

I don’t see why audiences would be mixed on it, it has all the stuff marvel fans should want imo but who knows lol.

Because a lot of people who see are not bigtime Marvel fans......

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

Isn't that every marvel movie ever? 3 hours of incomprehensible "plot" set against garish cg as multiple superheroes fly around with zero stakes preventing cities from being destroyed. mostly just noise pollution. at least this one is mercifully just over 2 hrs 

I get the definent impressison you are not a fan of the MCU...............................

This movie has a rough start, but to its credit, it does pick up later on. I don’t think I’d say it’s one of the best films in the MCU, but there are things to like about it. I can’t say it truly felt like a Sam Raimi movie, but it does have elements of his style. It’s definitely the goriest film in the MCU, but in terms of horror elements, nothing here matches the hospital scene in Spider-Man 2.

• Like 2

I enjoyed it. I give it a solid 8/10. Would have been higher if a couple of things that I expected and wanted to happen happened, but since they didn't I lowered the score.

It's definitely not a movie for everyone, so I expect average legs or maybe below average legs (By that I mean Civil War, not Morbius legs). I will watch it a couple of more times and I 100% wanna watch it in 3D.

• Like 1

Taken on it's own, probably one of the better MCU films. Definitely their best directed but...it was so restrained for the first 2/3s that it was a very disheartening and frustrating watch. You constantly saw sequences and glimmers of a MUCH BETTER version of this that never really came to fruition until the end. I liked it but it was very disappointing. 

But the post credits scene at the very end was amazing, their best yet, I absolutely lost it and most of my theatre sounded very angry/confused by it.

Edited by TheDude391
  • Haha 1

This movie felt like a joke for 90% of its run-time, but not really in a memorable way. Like it was going for the same vibe as Venom 2 but Venom 2 succeeded. And this movie just looks so much cheaper than the first Doctor Strange (there's a wide-shot on a rooftop that looks like something out of the room). Going to now watch A Simple Plan now.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Not sure how but the movie already leaked

In english

its not a cam-rip, its the movie 

It's not super high resolution , but it looks and sounds pretty good 

Just watched 5 min to quickly check out the most talked about scene

piracy happens to all movies, TS version getting out there pretty fast.

as long as it is not HD - it will not impact box office 

Just finished. Really liked this. its restrained at parts due to its rating but they werent kidding when they said this mcu first swing at horror. some scenes in here were quite suprising and unexpected ,this is a raimi movie for the most part and im suprised how much they let him do. cumberbatch was good as always and there were some neat visuals.

on the negative side ,its feels rushed and plotlines are not fleshed out properly , wanda s character change is kind of jarring even as one who watched wandavision and those who didnt watch the show will be very confused and its going to divide the GA.

Cameos were sort of underwhelming and a certain action sequence which is well shot and great but is too short and your like  thats it!!!!

scot derrickson shot action and visuals better and it was lacking at points in the movie

overall the movie was fast paced and was never bored ,horror elements were better than i expected and loved strange s  arc but its messy at points and will be too dark for some and wanda s potrayal will polarize some 

8/10

CW/AOU Legs incoming

Edited by joe liviig

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This movie felt like a joke for 90% of its run-time, but not really in a memorable way. Like it was going for the same vibe as Venom 2 but Venom 2 succeeded. And this movie just looks so much cheaper than the first Doctor Strange (there's a wide-shot on a rooftop that looks like something out of the room). Going to now watch A Simple Plan now.

yeah derrickson was really miissed here. Action sequence at karmataj was really underwhelming for me

• Like 1