franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

Well I just hope it gets made, it sucks it's later and the director is going to be different. but as long as they can keep Pratt and Rocket and Groot. I think there is still a good movie to be made.

• ...wtf 1

Doctor Strange 2 and Black Widow are the only films (as far as I know) deep enough into production to make the May 2020 release imo.

Doesn't matter that they aren't "Huge" properties. Disney has that slot and they would be fools to give it up, it's a great release date to open on and will give them the best chance imo. 

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

No idea what takes the May 2020 release date now. Maybe Doctor Strange 2 instead?

Maybe Disney-MCU have already been working on stories with the X-Men/Fantastic Four (given the interest on Fox it's been a done deal for months).

Could that May 2020 slot be given to introduce new (but not unknown) characters on the MCU like Fantastic Four? (with some MCU cameos like Hulk, Black Widow, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man ...).

X-Men is a whole enormous universe that would need a deep and calm reflection on how to deal with it (continue stories, soft reboot, hard reboot). But Fantastic Four seem a safe bet to be easily introduced in the current MCU. I'm sure they could make GOTG2 numbers easily (if not hitting the 1B itself)

7 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

No need to change the date until it is confirmed, and that won't get an official release date before 4vengers anyway.

Production Weekly is the source, the usually know what they are writing about, hence the idea to adjust the title, but not being 100% sure about the rules for changes....

18 hours ago, Jonwo said:

The Eternals could potentially be the May 2020 film if it's already in development. Black Widow probably will be July 2020 and DS2 November 2020

i thought chloe zhao had another project she was gonna do before eternals but maybe i'm wrong and that's just dead now.

Feel like with Jungle Cruise moving to July 2020, in turn resulting in Marvel's July slot being taken away, the July Marvel film (Black Widow?) will probably go into the May spot. We can argue whether it deserves that slot or not, but that just seems to make the most sense.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:59 PM, Chewy said:

Taika will be busy between Guardians 3, Ant-Man 3 and Strange 2

I am not sure Taika really wants to do Guardians  3 at this point. The fiom just has too much baggage at this point.