franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | It’s got the PETA seal of quality!

Just now, Chewy said:

"Oh no the last director got fired when his Troma tweets got dug up, I def don't want THAT super high-profile springboard gig"

Okay lol you misunderstood my post. I meant getting someone established, like Wright, Bird, Lord/Miller, or anyone like that. I don't see the appeal for another big-shot director to want to take over this franchise. Someone like Peyton Reed prior to Ant-Man 1, sure, but people who are like "here are some big name directors who would be great for it" are seriously confused

Just now, Valonqar said:

No one is irreplaceable. GOTG 3 will be fine under the new director whoever he is. I agree Taika would be the right man but we'll see who Feige gets. GOTG will go on. 

I was kinda kidding when I mentioned Taika although that would obvs be fun. Tbh I won't be surprised if Feige hires a woman for the good press, just got through meeting with like a billion candidates for WIdow

How long until someone says this in here to defend James Gunn?

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

The absolute state of some people in the media. Endorsing pedophilia and misogyny are welcomed and should be celebrated then...!

Oh please. Calm yourself.

You’re starting to sound like those church groups that get pissed over South Park.

So now people get fired for things that they said over a decade ago? 

Guess everyone in the USA is going to end up jobless. 

And before someone gets on their high horse or whatever I can promise you that if someone wanted to go digging in your past, they’d find something that you said that was offensive. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

But first, let me completely purge all my social media accounts.

There are companies that exist solely to do this! I guess Gunn figured it was no biggie cuz everyone knew who he was. Disney was certainly aware he was basically a shockjock, this isn't a surprise to them. Just about the PR

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

But first, let me completely purge all my social media accounts.

Honestly, I recommend people do that every year, just like they clean out their paper files at home.  Things change (both for you personally and for the world) and no one wants to have to defend social media posts from a decade ago that they don't even remember making...so don't.  I spend New Year's Day deleting most of my previous year's social media (it's a fun way to look back)...

It's why I'm surprised we don't have an "auto-delete" here for after a few years...20 years from now, most of what we write will probably be considered un-enlightened at best:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

The absolute state of some people in the media. Endorsing pedophilia and misogyny are welcomed and should be celebrated then...!

Endorsing ? Dark humors usually only work if everyone involved do not endorse the act and find the joke to be of really bad taste and out of norm (otherwise it stop being dark humor and stop to work)

Lot of people endorse pedophilia and want to make it legal and so on, doing pedophilia joke is not necessarily and almost all the time not endorsing pedophilia, it need to be and stay taboo for them to work.

For example Milo endorsed Hebephilia (never did for pedophilia I think) and you can see what endorsing Hebephilia vs make dark humor joke can look like.

Edited by Barnack

Some folks in this thread are acting like James Gunn was accused or convicted of rape/pedophilia. 

His tweets were not okay. And no one is saying they are. Actions should have consequences, yes. But not all actions should end up with the same consequences. 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's kind of weird seeing bloggers who jump at every single misspoken word twist themselves into knots trying to contextualize rape and pedophilia jokes today.

BECAUSE ITS NOT EVENLY APPLIED TO EVERYONE

From what I seen as long you can survive the backlash for a few days people just forget about what you said 10 years ago. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

How long until someone says this in here to defend James Gunn?

Okay...time to calm down a bit. No one here is going to do that, whatever point you're trying to make is going to be ignored if you keep this up.

• Like 2