Alli

Weekend thread: GOTG2 63 m | Snatched 17.5 mi | King Arthur 14.7 m

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That's a totally fair point.... But I'm still giving Guardians the benefit of the doubt here. The difference in audiences (well, partly at least) might come in handy.

Not to mention it'll still keep it's 3D screens if that helps. TWS dropped 38% on third weekend and dealt with an IMAX opener. Ant Man dropped 48% on its third weekend with an IMAX opener.

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Wow, Disney is way off with their sunday drop for BatB. This is not conservative, this is actually a very unprofessional projection.

Unprofessional?  WTF

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Wow, Disney is way off with their sunday drop for BatB. This is not conservative, this is actually a very unprofessional projection.

Unprofessional?! Someone is way too emotional over an ESTIMATE. Not even sure what you are so upset over. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Unprofessional?! Someone is way too emotional over an ESTIMATE. Not even sure what you are so upset over. 

Especially because nobody except us cares about the box office estimates of BATB in week #9...

• Like 3

Eh, that is a bomb if I've ever seen one. Still want to see Arthur though.

And I really don't get why GotG is so underwhelming OS. With the reception of the first one I would've thought it would fly past what the first one did. It will barely beat it (and no, the ER is not THAT horrible). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Huh? I'm not upset at all. Why should I be?
I would just expect better knowledge from a distributor on MD weekend for a movie that very heavy skews female. 

Maybe they know something we don't know and/or have shifted some BO to other days and take that from the stronger Mother's day now. 

1 minute ago, James said:

Eh, that is a bomb if I've ever seen one. Still want to see Arthur though.

And I really don't get why GotG is so underwhelming OS. With the reception of the first one I would've thought it would fly past what the first one did. It will barely beat it (and no, the ER is not THAT horrible). 

Europe it's doing great like it's predecessor. Asia and LA has increases but like it's predecessor, those markets don't really care for sci fi.

• Like 1

I would hope Guardians makes $35-$40M in its third weekend. It's second weekend drop is inbetween TWS and TDW. Hopefully, It should barely cross $400M. But, we'll have to see the actual's results tomorrow.

Edited by Movies4Life

38 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I loved Frozen ... my personal opinion 

Frozen was awesome! Best kiddie movie in many, many years. Inside Out was great as well. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, James said:

A bit off topic, but looks like POTC5 will do great in China based on the presales. 1B WW should happen. 

I think 1b is too big a number for even 250+ China to make possible.

240 dom + 260 China + 110 Japan = 610.

Removing China and Japan, rest of OS imo is likely to bring 300+ opposed to 400+.

I think 250-300 China makes 900+ more real while 1b will require POTC4 like Dom (240) and 100 Japan and then 400 OS-Ch-Japan.

3 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Pirates could do 500m from China+U.S. alone. Hard to believe it won't get 500m from other territories seeing as OST made 734m without China.

OST exchange rates were wonky. It had drops in admission compared to previous 2 movies in many markets.

Edited by a2knet