grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

We have to see which characters get the biggest boost from Endgame. Since we cannot discuss anything that happened to Endgame in this thread, I guess spoiler thread is the only place.

BTW I still don’t know who has not yet seen Endgame. Everyone I know offline and online who would potentially see this movies have seen it.

My wife hasn't seen it! It's killing me :(

she absolutely loved IW except for the ending. Liked it more than me.

Edited by cdsacken

Just now, Mulder said:

Can we not do this in the fucking tracking thread.

Sorry it started as Endgame boost for Spidey and that required discussing what happened in Endgame and with no Endgame discussion in all but spoiler thread, I asked about who has not seen Endgame in this forum that required so strict rules. I can understand no spoiler rules like 1st week or 2 but after that its just restricting reasonable discussion.

I also see aladdin doing pika type ow maybe mid 60s. Its like pika in that "how will people respond" quality imo.

Kotm i think will be a leggy film it feels like a summer popcorn film...people go see on a whim (im afraid of using "walkup" lol) wondering if theatres might get some people double viewing..john wick and godzilla will make a good pair of action films to catch on a weekend afternoon or evening

Edited by Tinalera
Spelling

Going to be an hour or two late tonight since I’m about to see Pika. Speaking of, it seems to be getting a much stronger Tues bump and is already up to a lifetime high 81% of AEG on MT.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Going to be an hour or two late tonight since I’m about to see Pika. Speaking of, it seems to be getting a much stronger Tues bump and is already up to a lifetime high 81% of AEG on MT.

There is no doubt Pikachu is increasing more than Endgame. Endgame has not had good tuesdays so far as its highly dependent on IMAX/PLF which are less impacted by discount tuesday.

That said even endgame will increase better than last week as its numbers are more “normal”.

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum,” the third installment of the gun-toting action franchise, is heading for an opening weekend between $30 million and $35 million from 3,700 North American theaters. Some box office watchers predict that positive word of mouth could propel those numbers north of $40 million

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/avengers-endgame-box-office-john-wick-chapter-3-1203214880/

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alli said:

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum,” the third installment of the gun-toting action franchise, is heading for an opening weekend between $30 million and $35 million from 3,700 North American theaters. Some box office watchers predict that positive word of mouth could propel those numbers north of $40 million

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/avengers-endgame-box-office-john-wick-chapter-3-1203214880/

0 chance John Wick doesn't do better than 30m. That's what JW 2 did and 3 is way more hyped up. I'm putting 40 as the floor.

• Like 3

On 5/13/2019 at 5:14 PM, Thanos Legion said:

17 PT 5/13/19 (End of Mon)

1	37.6%	Avengers: Endgame
2	27.2%	Detective Pikachu
3	5.8%	The Hustle
4	5%	John Wick:Chapter 3 - Parabellum
5	3.6%	Poms

Baba Yaga is coming.    

Pika oddly dropping better than Endgame on MT this Monday, if that translates to actuals I think it at least points in the direction of Pika appealing more to nostalgic 20 and 30 yo than actual present day kids.

17 PT 5/14/19 (End of Tues)

1	30.7%	Avengers: Endgame
2	26.2%	Detective Pikachu
3	7.6%	The Hustle
4	6.5%	Maharshi
5	5.1%	John Wick:Chapter 3 - Parabellum

The Return of the Maharshi. Pika up to over 85% of AEG, likely falling back to around Monday levels tomorrow. Fairly expected results for discount Tuesday.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alli said:

Also says $10-14M for A Dog's Journey and $6-12M for The Star is Also a Sun.

John wick already 4 showtimes each at london silver city and westview theatres on a tuesday for opening weekend saturday

Only other is an early into the spiderverse 10am showing onv at. London theatres wanting to get the wick availability out early (these are for standard showings)

Edited by Tinalera
Added more info

When do people start worrying about the secret life of pets 2

i legitimately have not seen it anywhere close on any pre sales charts 

I know movie will be high walk up movie but I’m not really seeing any traction on pre sales