grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Mortal Kombat will have the walkup factor.

But as I also check the weekend locally, the local Studio Movie Grill (which is one of the A-tier theaters in the region) is already selling out on Saturday when it comes to Demon Slayer

I mean, DS DOES have all of Thursday Night to itself comparatively speaking, as Mortal Kombat isn't doing previews.

My mid-size, older-skewing AMC back home is even getting Demon Slayer sellouts. If that's not a sign I don't know what is :hahaha: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

I didn't realize this had traditional Thursday Night previews, so I just spent the better part of the last 90 minutes reverse engineering the sellouts on screens for Friday's numbers. 

Character doing something they just refused to do cliche.

Sin Count - 1

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*cough* :ph34r:

@WrathOfHan @WandaLegion @TwoMisfits @Inceptionzq

Didn't put as much analysis in as I usually do, but what's there to say?  It's just a matter of which wins out: Committed Fanbase vs General Audience.

Friendship ended with Porthos. Now I will be friend with someone else.

• Astonished 2

26 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Character doing something they just refused to do cliche.

Sin Count - 1

Actually it was "Stupidity Count  - 1" as I didn't think to check Thr, :lol:

It was only when I was checking a local indie theater at the very end of my count to see if they had reserved seating that I noticed "Opens April 22nd" on their web page.

Needless to say, I was.... displeased at "wasting" so much time on a Friday seat count. :rant:

But since I had already collated the data, might as well post it, I figured.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Friendship ended with Porthos. Now I will be friend with someone else.

"All's fair in love and war data and clubs."

Or something like that.  I truly have no skin in this game, but the sheer amount of pre-sales made me think it'd be a fun, if probably doomed, club.

It's not I actually care about it winning or losing this particular one, though, so there is that. :)

Edited by Porthos

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

"All's fair in love and war data and clubs."

Or something like that.  I truly have no skin in this game, but the sheer amount of pre-sales made me think it'd be a fun, if probably doomed, club.

It's not I actually care about it winning or losing this particular one, though, so there is that. :)

I was actually talking about tags/mentions.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Haha 1

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

I was actually talking about tags/mentions.

Oops, sorry.  Didn't want to spam you.  Just was mentioning local trackers + WrathOfHan who was giving a local report of his own.

If it's any consolation, I didn't tag keysersoze123 or Eric for similar reasons.  Mostly it was just the folks discussing it at the time + Inceptionzq since he posted Denver data I was relying on. :)

• Haha 1

Demon Slayer T-6 (Morning) Sell Outs

New York - 53/155 (+5/3)

LA - 6/172 (+2/14)

Chicago - 5/35 (+1/8)

Houston - 5/158 (+1/6)
Phoenix - 4/101 (+0/21)
Philadelphia - 8/22 (+1/0)

San Antonio - 2/46 ()
San Diego - 3/67 (+0/1)

Dallas - 4/46 (+2/2)
Boston - 1/37 (+0/4)
Sacramento - 31/65 (+2/1)

New Jersey - 25/86 (+1/0)

Total - 147/990 (+15/59)

Wish Fandago has fast selling sign too. Atom has, their coverage is lower.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Porthos said:

*cough* :ph34r:

@WrathOfHan @WandaLegion @TwoMisfits @Inceptionzq

Didn't put as much analysis in as I usually do, but what's there to say?  It's just a matter of which wins out: Committed Fanbase vs General Audience.

From "Is DS worth tracking?" to "DS >MK", the debate escalate quickly   

• Haha 1

Just a further update for those remotely interested in Toronto Canada numbers, it's looking like we are going to get even MORE stuff locking down in future, so yea if I would to hazard a personal guess on my speculation, we are lucky if we are looking at late June before we might see even some movie movement. Its bad right now.

:tvscared:

• Sad 4

15 hours ago, Menor said:

In that case I will try to do MTC2 for MK. But it will take a couple of days to reengineer my script. 

Cool. Give it a shot. I will take a break from DS tracking tomorrow and take a look at MK at least in MTC1. Is there an expectation of big numbers for MK as well. 2 big openers seem crazy in these times. DS seem to have good sales even for Friday despite MK opening. I am expecting 25-30m over 4 day weekend looking at the trend. 

• Astonished 4

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Cool. Give it a shot. I will take a break from DS tracking tomorrow and take a look at MK at least in MTC1. Is there an expectation of big numbers for MK as well. 2 big openers seem crazy in these times. DS seem to have good sales even for Friday despite MK opening. I am expecting 25-30m over 4 day weekend looking at the trend. 

This is for DS alone?? Too much weeb  

29 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I was thinking 20+ for MK from the trend in Denver and Philly, but that may be harder with DS seeming to really break out.