Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway
Showtime Date Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats % Sold
6/10/2021 0 5 38 486 7.82%
6/11/2021 0 8 67 772 8.68%

Difference From Yesterday:

THWG: +20%

ITH: +53%

PR2: +48%

GO ITH! Thanks @Ezen Baklattan! Do you agree ITH will break out this weekend?

Edited by LegendaryBen

In the Heights Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 and Counting (Thu)

Sellouts Showings Seats Sold Total Seats Perct Sold
TOTALS 0 36 119 3418 3.48%

Comp

0.944x of Raya's Thu+Fri T-3 Before Release (2.46M)

0.236x of Cruella's Thu+Fri T-3 Before Release (1.82M)

BEFORE EVERYBODY FREAKS OUT, remember that I'm only tracking the Thursday opening number. You know, the date that was announced at the last minute, therefore has very few sales. I'm not tracking the Friday number, if only because I've already got my hands full. Though at a cursory glance, it's selling a ton better on Friday. And just reading other people's reports here, Friday is what truly matters. But this is the opening day, so I feel I have to track it here. It's times like these previews were regularly reported, since these would make a better comparison.

Anyways, take my numbers as very grain of salty.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 and Counting

TOTALS 0 36 45 2990 1.51%

Comp

0.25x of Spirit Untamed T-3 Before Release (614.5K)

0.357x of Raya T-3 Before Release (929.7K)

So this is also not a super fair comp either, because only like half of my tracked theaters have showtimes for Peter Rabbit up. For some reason, not a single AMC has showtimes posted. Weird.

Either way...yeah this is still pretty soft.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

On 6/6/2021 at 10:57 PM, Eric is Full of Pride said:

F9 Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-18 and Counting (Thu)

TOTALS 1 49 590 5466 10.79%

Total Seats Sold Today: 20

Comp

1.206x of Godzilla vs. Kong T-18 Before Release (11.71M)

2.458x of A Quiet Place Part II's Thu+Fri Before Release (47.61M)

F9 Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-17 and Counting (Thu)

TOTALS 1 49 628 5466 11.49%

Total Seats Sold Today: 38

Comp

1.174x of Godzilla vs. Kong T-17 Before Release (11.39M)

2.343x of A Quiet Place Part II's Thu+Fri Before Release (45.38M)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway Greater Philadelphia Area Seat Report T-3 and Counting

TOTALS 0 36 45 2990 1.51%

Comp

0.25x of Spirit Untamed T-3 Before Release (614.5K)

0.357x of Raya T-3 Before Release (929.7K)

So this is also not a super fair comp either, because only like half of my tracked theaters have showtimes for Peter Rabbit up. For some reason, not a single AMC has showtimes posted. Weird.

Either way...yeah this is still pretty soft.

Thanks as usual. Even when all the theaters come up for PR2, it still seems safe that ITH will open higher than PR2 this weekend.

RJFevVo.gif RJFevVo.gif RJFevVo.gif SHOWTIMES ARE GOING UP FOR BLACK WIDOW!!!!  RJFevVo.gif RJFevVo.gif RJFevVo.gif

RJFevVo.gif RJFevVo.gif RJFevVo.gif I REPEAT, SHOWTIMES ARE GOING UP FOR BLACK WIDOW!!!! RJFevVo.gif RJFevVo.gif RJFevVo.gif

(not for sale yet, but....)

EDIT::::

Previews look to start at 5pm. 

(Cut out the tags of various trackers for the reason cited below)

MUCH MUCH MUCH LATER EDIT:

Now that I'm not in the middle of the track for F9, looks like showtimes are only up on the Cinemark home site.  Can't find any showtimes on Fandango, Regal or Cinema West's site.

So it's possible Cinemark is jumping the gun very slightly, but this a sign in my opinion that BW tickets are gonna be on sale very very soon. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 6
  • Astonished 5

Anyway, I was coming here to make a couple of notes on Private Watch Parties.

First off, near as I can tell, neither Cinemark nor Regal are offering them for F9 on preview night.  Regal might later on, as I can't find any PWPs for them on 6/24.  As for Cinemark, they have some scattered PWPs, but none of them that are after 7pm have F9 as a option.  They do have them as an option for FSS, however.

Speaking of which, secondly, Cinemark has (quietly?) raised its PWP price to $199 for new movies (which matches the price that Regal has locally) depending on the day.

Near as I can tell, PWPs on MTWTh are still $149 at Cinemark, but on FSS they're now $199.

Something to keep in mind for folks who are actually paying attention to such things.

Also have to think if Cinemark ever does put F9 up for preview night, they're gonna adjust the price to $199.

Now I haven't rigorously checked each and every Cinemark in the region to see if they're all doing this.  But it's a pretty likely bet that this is the new policy (haven't checked their website to see if there is any news about this).

So consider this the first of perhaps many tweaks to the PWP model.

Edited by Porthos

23 hours ago, Porthos said:

F9 Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-18 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

4.87%

Total Seats Sold Today

F9 Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-17 days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

5.52%

Total Seats Sold Today

Very strong day of sales locally.   

Fairly top heavy day, however, as sales are still being grouped in the more desirable showtimes/larger auditoriums.  Isn't quite breaking out to the later showtimes or less desirable theaters.  Was also kinda concentrated in a few blasts of double digit sales (or high single digits) at premium locations.

So kinda think this might have been a blip.  Can't tell at a quick glance if there was a new TV Spot or trailer released today.  Do know about the Cannes news and it also looks like there was a promotion with an NBA playoff game tonight.  So maybe all of that contributed to a bump.  Or it was just one of those things.  See what tomorrow brings soon enuf.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Anyway, I was coming here to make a couple of notes on Private Watch Parties.

First off, near as I can tell, neither Cinemark nor Regal are offering them for F9 on preview night.  Regal might later on, as I can't find any PWPs for them on 6/24.  As for Cinemark, they have some scattered PWPs, but none of them that are after 7pm have F9 as a option.  They do have them as an option for FSS, however.

Speaking of which, secondly, Cinemark has (quietly?) raised its PWP price to $199 for new movies (which matches the price that Regal has locally) depending on the day.

Near as I can tell, PWPs on MTWTh are still $149 at Cinemark, but on FSS they're now $199.

Something to keep in mind for folks who are actually paying attention to such things.

Also have to think if Cinemark ever does put F9 up for preview night, they're gonna adjust the price to $199.

Now I haven't rigorously checked each and every Cinemark in the region to see if they're all doing this.  But it's a pretty likely bet that this is the new policy (haven't checked their website to see if there is any news about this).

So consider this the first of perhaps many tweaks to the PWP model.

So I went back and checked Cinemark's corp site and, surprise! There is no mention of a $199 price point anywhere in the fine print.

There is, however, this buried in the fine print as well as the FAQ:

Q: How much does it cost?
A: 
Select a showtime to see available Private Watch Party movie options. Prices start at only $99 for classic films and up to $149 for new releases. Price may vary by showtime, location and movie selection. 

That bolded bit presumably is their out for a $50 increase on FSS.

Found something a tad more interesting in the FAQ though that I am fairly certain is new:

Q: How many people can I bring?
A: The number of guests you can bring varies by day, location & pricing. 

For a Private Watch Party priced from $99-$149, you may bring up to 20 guests including yourself.

At the theatre box office, you can add additional attendees to your party for $5 per person for classic films, or $10 per person for new releases. See theatre for more details. There is a maximum of 25 total guests but availability varies by auditorium capacity and state and local guidelines. Within your private auditorium, all members of your party are welcome to choose where they’d like to sit. 

This upcharge is slightly annoying as it somewhat defeats the purpose of tracking PWPs.  I.e. it adds yet another layer of possible fuzziness to something which is already opaque.  Bad enough that we don't know for sure which movie it is (at Cinemarks at least — have been able to match a PWP to a movie at least at one Regal theater location). A potential $50 upcharge on all showings is even worse.

As it is though, it might not matter in the end.  PWPs for Preview Nights (which is what we mostly, but not exclusively track) are plummeting.  Even when it comes to regular showings, the number of PWPs are being drastically cut back.  They do seem to sell, still, but right now I'm only seeing two to four PWPs per day per theater.

So all in all it might not matter in the end anymore.  Or if it does, might just go back to ignoring it for the most part.

Gonna tag @Inceptionzq as I know he's been tracking PWPs when they show up at his local Cinemarks and he might want to know about this change in policy (if he didn't spot it earlier, that is).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Could USA be the first market Peter Rabbit 2 doesn’t do really well in? 

See UK where it’s made 3 x Cruella’s gross. 

Well, Peter Rabbit 1 was nuts in the UK. PR2 is falling in other markets markets where it’s opened so far— e.g. Australia and Russia

12 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Well, Peter Rabbit 1 was nuts in the UK. PR2 is falling in other markets markets where it’s opened so far— e.g. Australia and Russia

The Australia hold is good considering the pandemic though.  Didn’t realise Russia was so bad. 

In the Heights, counted today at 10am EST for Friday:

NY (AMC Fresh Meadows 7): 85 (7 showtimes)
Miami (AMC Sunset Place 24):
131 (5 showtimes)
Grand Rapids (AMC Grand Rapids 18):
13 (3 showtimes)
Austin (AMC Lakeline 9):
13 (2 showtimes)
Tempe/Phoenix (AMC Centerpoint 11):
6 (1 showtime)
San Francisco (AMC Metreon 16): 154 (9 showtimes)
LA (AMC Universal):
269 (5 showtimes)

Total tickets sold in 7 theaters: 671.
Up 15% since yesterday. AQP II had on Tuesday of its release week 903 sold tickets and The Conjuring 3 had 797 sold tickets (but no split).

In the Heights, counted today at 10am EST for Thurday:

NY (AMC Fresh Meadows 7):
40 (6 showtimes)
Tempe/Phoenix (AMC Centerpoint 11):
10 + 1 reported Sell Out (2 showtimes, not sure if the SO is true but the cinema hall is small and it could be)
LA (AMC Universal):
281 (6 showtimes)

Total tickets sold in 3 theaters (still no showtimes announced in the other 4 theaters): 331.

Up 35% since yesterday.

It appears to me that Thurday and Friday compete with each other. E.g. in Florida, no Thursday shows were announced so far and the Friday jump is really good (37% up since yesterday). But in NY with new Thursday shows, people picked the earlier possibility to watch it (it rose from 14 to 40 tickets since yesterday).
All I can say is that there's interest. And after people watched the movie on Thursday WOM will very probably start to kick in and so the first day hasn't to be great already (not saying that it won't).

I'm not sure if I can count tomorrow but I will count In the Heights (the previews and its Friday) again on Thursday.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

he might want to know about this change in policy

Yeah, that’s kinda annoying. I wonder how popular it will be though. It’s a small hassle, but it might be enough to deter some from adding extra people since you have to do it in person.

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

As it is though, it might not matter in the end.  PWPs for Preview Nights

I just looked through, and there are some PWPs for Fast 9 on preview night. Only in some of my AMC theaters though. So it may vary chain to chain, and even theater to theater. Maybe as we get closer to Fast 9, more theaters will add the option. But it’s worth noting that it is the same with Peter Rabbit 2. Only a couple theaters have PWPs on preview night for it.

• Thanks 1

My theater is getting Hitman’s Bodyguard, Spiral (ugh), ITH, GvK, wrath of man, and Demon Slayer upon reopening. Nice to know GvK might be getting a Canadian expansion this month

• Like 2