Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

As I was walking along the beach the Spanish Navy frigate Cristobal Colon sailed out to sea. 

It's just out through the heads now. 

Edited by DeeCee

Sorry I love the first Avengers but what were they claiming, like a 100 casualties from that ending?  Fuck all that, it was the heart of NYC, there would have been THOUSANDS of casualties and property damage so anyone complaining about Man of Steel... get realistic.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Sorry I love the first Avengers but what were they claiming, like a 100 casualties from that ending?  Fuck all that, it was the heart of NYC, there would have been THOUSANDS of casualties and property damage so anyone complaining about Man of Steel... get realistic.

oh i see what's about to happen in this thread.

• Like 10

18 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

I think he's just not a good character, period. He is purely reactive, and has little motivation beyond not letting Zod destroy everything, he barely emotes, and he gets none of the good dialogue in the movie. I still like MoS, because while it may not be a good Superman movie, it's a great Zod movie.

I think that he's a realistic character considering his circumstances and therefore I like him. It makes sense that someone who's been unable to relate to people and reveal the truth about themselves for their entire life until a calamitous series of events unfold would be reserved and mostly reactionary. Besides, I think that his solely reactionary statements and actions are enough to covey the core aspect of his character, which is that he prioritizes human safety above all else.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Ranking things I've seen in theatres this year:

1- Raiders of the Lost Ark

2- Alien

3- La La Land

4- Get Out

5- Manchester by the Sea

6- Silence

7- Arrival

8- Moonlight

9- Logan

10- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

That's an interesting list.

To anyone who saw it, was Colossal actually good? Its the movie this year I most regret missing.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

I've seen the following SH movies in theaters:

Batman Forever

X2

Spider-Man 2

Batman Begins

X-Men The Last Stand

Spider-Man 3 (Midnight)

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

The Dark Knight

Watchmen

Iron Man 2

X-Men First Class

Captain America

John Carter

The Avengers

The Dark Knight Rises (Midnight)

The Amazing Spider-Man

Iron Man 3

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Age of Ultron

Civil War

Doctor Strange

Power Rangers

Guardians 2

Wonder Woman

My first Superhero movie in theaters was X-Men which given how it's the film that revised the genre makes me proud to say. It and Spider Man were huge influences on my childhood.   

Edited by Rman823

16 minutes ago, cory said:

I've seen the following SH movies in theaters:

My theatrical list is long. Every Batman except Batman and Robin and Batman Begins. All of the MCU except for The Winter Soldier (my daughter was 6 weeks old when that released. I wasn't getting sleep, let alone trips to the movies). All of the DCEU. All of the X-Films except Days of Future Past (see Winter Soldier) and Deadpool. The first four Spider-Man films. Green Lantern, Watchmen, the pre-MCU Hulk, Superman Returns, Hancock, Spawn, Dick Tracey (ok, a bit of a stretch).... I might be forgetting a couple. 

Edited by kswiston

Hmm decent Friday (Great really) the holdover died though sheesh.... even worse on the whole than I expected and I already expected a decent crash. 

As as for the superhero movie in theaters conversation. X3 in 2006 age 18 but my first theater movie experience was only in 2004 so yeah... at home on video definitely Superman 1

Lurking in here these last few pages has made me feel older than dirt. My first theatrical superhero flick was Superman '78 at the age of 6. All of you young whippersnappers don't know how good you have it with your CBM Golden Age. Now get off my lawn. ;) 

• Like 3