kayumanggi

Wonder Woman 1984 | Dec 16 2020 OS | Dec 25 2020 US and on HBO MAX

36 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

So wait, despite the 3 years of talking about the movie, he's never actually seen it?

Wait, he’s been talking about this movie being bad for three years? It hadn’t even started filming three years ago.

Now I’m just thinking back to what things were like in 2017, and it feels like it was at least 10 years ago. 

39 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

What are the chances this launches without Roku? 80/20? 60/40?

I would say 60/40 in favour of it being done, but they have less than 3 weeks which is what creates the uncertainty.

As far as the movie being bad, I’m not worried about that at all we’ve seen from the trailers that it looks like a fun enjoyable romp from the trailers, plus the first ranged from a pleasant surprise to a very good movie for most so I think it’s in good hands with Patty. I’m more concerned about the runtime being 2 and a half hours but I guess with both Cheetah and Maxwell Lord (side note Pedro looks so great in this from what I’ve seen in the trailers so far) in there as villains that could be were the extra time is needed, hopefully it doesn’t fell too bloated.  

Edited by Jamiem
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

What are the chances this launches without Roku? 80/20? 60/40?

I'm gonna go 1/99 honestly. Neither company seems to want to budge atm. I'm confused though. Is WM asking for a better deal than D+ and Netflix or the same one? Because both are on Roku's Channel Store. If they are, that's just really stupid.

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm gonna go 1/99 honestly. Neither company seems to want to budge atm. I'm confused though. Is WM asking for a better deal than D+ and Netflix or the same one? Because both are on Roku's Channel Store. If they are, that's just really stupid.

From my understanding  it’s largely due to the ad supported service coming next year (same reason Peacock had trouble) as they (Amazon/Roku) want a share of the ad revenue. Although the change from being a channel to its own app also probably playing a part in HBO MAX case. 

Edited by Jamiem
  • Thanks 1