Finnick

Monday numbers: SMH: 12.2M, DM3 4.3M, BD 1.67M, WW 1.18M Today, we celebrate our MOEDAY

This whole discussion has been so funny...Peter Parker/SM has had over 50 years of comic continuity to be a bumbling brilliant teen to wisecracking young adult to a Bill Gates wunderkind in charge of a worldwide tech firm...the movie directors could pick practically any concept in between any of these stages and still nail who Peter Parker is...b/c he's been so many things...

It just depends what comic period you read or what was the 1st movie you saw for who you think the "true" Peter is...I admit I'm partial to either the wisecracking teen or the multi-billionaire guy, but maybe it's b/c those were the best comic arcs I've read:)...

terrible movie viewing experience from SMH that I must shared, my theater just show POTC5 instead of SMH in SMH showing.

The opening sequence of Disney logo making me confused as I know that even in marvel movies , Disney logo doesn't appear, but why is it a disney logo came out for spiderman? 

I was thinking, "Disney nailed it!", then the shot turns to a kid, try to reach out in the bottom of the sea for something, I was like, is it another back story for how peter parker's father? and why was the colour of the frame looked so different from what I saw in SMH trailer? The style just doesn't look legit.

Then here come this line, " Jack Sparrow!!!" I was like, what the fuck? cross-universe elements?? marvel extended cinematic universe???

Then a few of people walked out from room, try to reach out manager or crew to fix this mess up.

At least i saw the opening part of POTC5......

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

terrible movie viewing experience from SMH that I must shared, my theater just show POTC5 instead of SMH in SMH showing.

The opening sequence of Disney logo making me confused as I know that even in marvel movies , Disney logo doesn't appear, but why is it a disney logo came out for spiderman? 

I was thinking, "Disney nailed it!", then the shot turns to a kid, try to reach out in the bottom of the sea for something, I was like, is it another back story for how peter parker's father? and why was the colour of the frame looked so different from what I saw in SMH trailer? The style just doesn't look legit.

Then here come this line, " Jack Sparrow!!!" I was like, what the fuck? cross-universe elements?? marvel extended cinematic universe???

Then a few of people walked out from room, try to reach out manager or crew to fix this mess up.

Imagine if @That One Guy was preparing for a showing of Valerian and they would show Beauty and the Beast instead. :D

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Imagine if @That One Guy was preparing for a showing of Valerian and they would show Beauty and the Beast instead. :D

I'd ask for a full refund from the manager, yelling swears at them, before punching them square in the face and never returning to that theater again.  That kind of behavior is warranted when you're sitting down, about to watch the best movie ever created, and they play the worst piece of shit that has ever been created.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'd ask for a full refund from the manager, yelling swears at them, before punching them square in the face and never returning to that theater again.  That kind of behavior is warranted when you're sitting down, about to watch the best movie ever created, and they play the worst piece of shit that has ever been created.

:jeb!:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

So you'd have a misdemeanor assault on your record? @YourMother would be thrilled. :P 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

This happened at the theater I work at. I saw Lego Batman in IMAX and La La Land started to play. Luckily I told them and they changed it before Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone flipped each other off. I was secretly hoping it would stay long enough to finish the opening number so I could see it again on the big screen.

Edited by StarSaber

Back when Night Watch was in theaters I saw it at the local AMC and when the film got to the 2nd or 3rd reel it was upside down. For a minute the audience just sat there puzzled thinking it was some weird stylistic choice that the director was using for the scene. Once it became clear that wasn't the case I notified management. They gave us passes to come see the film at a later showing since it wasn't something they could correct on the spot. 

In India we have interval b/w a film. Now hollywood films don't have intervals, so theater people will cut the film in half without any sense of scene continiuti.

So at furious 7 they started to play it again from the start after the interval. That time I realise, while I am enjoying this movie, it has zero rewatchability.

They corrected it at spot.

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

My mom gladly pays for my hobbies because I can't find a job and have to focus on school. My sister has a job right now and is absolutely exhausted from doing that and school. I was thinking about getting a job at my school this fall, but after seeing how stressed my sister is, I don't want to attempt working with a full course load in the fall. I haaaaaaaaate spending her money because it makes me feel like a freeloader, but she's fine with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your sister sounds sweet and a better person than you.

• Like 1