WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

FWIW Apes Saturday at local mall theater way ahead of yesterday.

1:15pm - 106/299 vs 44 - $13.49
2:20pm - 69/299 vs 25 - $17.09 RealD
3:20pm - 174/261 vs 60 - $19.09 Premium Dolby

-sold well at earlier showings also, but don't have comp to yesterday. Will take it through the day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

How did it have crapoy marketing when it opened well? It's just that it ls legs won't be great 

Cause it didn't sell beyond the faithful. I mean let's face it a huge part of the OW audience was going to see it because they love Spidey or the MCU or IM

If the marketing had been better but people were skeptical because of The Amazing Spiderman movies the legs would be better.

• Like 1

Insanity= Wife asked me to take her to see WW this Sunday (for the 3rd time with me/ 4th for her overall).  I said "No woman, wait for the BluRay". lol!!!! I mean, I love the movie but come on!! 

Edit: still not interested in watching SMH. 

Edited by LuisDHern
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Xavier said:

That's true (about the car scene) and an ommission on my part. But still no memorable action scenes.

+ murky characterization for Vulture. He is supposed to be a blue collar villain like Sandman in SP3? If yes, then he was way too evil..

IMO Spider-Man 2 set the bar way too high in terms of action sequences and hasn't really been approached by any SM movie (or CB movie for that matter) since. There's arguably better action in the damn TRAILER for that movie than in every SM movie since then.

2 minutes ago, LuisDHern said:

Insanity= Wife asked me to take her to see WW this Sunday (for the 3rd time with me/ 4th for her overall).  I said "No woman, wait for the BluRay". lol!!!! I mean, I love the movie but come on!! 

Take her, and support the WW movement to that big number :D.  Just sit, relax and enjoy the Nachos.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Cause it didn't sell beyond the faithful. I mean let's face it a huge part of the OW audience was going to see it because they love Spidey or the MCU or IM

If the marketing had been better but people were skeptical because of The Amazing Spiderman movies the legs would be better.

I didn't watch the trailers until after I saw the film, but they seemed pretty lackluster watching them afterwards.

A good trailer should have a rhythm and kind of be its own little film (see Thor: Ragnarok trailer).  The Homecoming ones were just a collection of scenes throw at the wall hoping something would entice the audience to see it.

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, AHepBurn said:

Most Marvel movies don't get the amount of praise SM:H has gotten. Most Marvel movies don't have RDJ/IM, and thost that do consistently pulled $400mil DOM, $1bil WW in recent history. Most Marvel movies don't have Spider-Man, Marvel's most popular character. And most Marvel movies don't have all the above things yet are pulling in SM:H's numbers, which while "good" are below what the above factors dictate they should be. Hence the concern.

The Amazing Spider-Man films all did way below what Spider-Man: Homecoming will do. Good will doesn't just spontaneously come back, it takes time.

5 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

IMO Spider-Man 2 set the bar way too high in terms of action sequences and hasn't really been approached by any SM movie (or CB movie for that matter) since. There's arguably better action in the damn TRAILER for that movie than in every SM movie since then.

SM2 was a great movie, and yes the action sequence in there was one of the best for all Spidey and most CB films, but all CB movie ... heck no. MOS to me till this day is way above any CB movie when it comes to action sequences.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yes! 1000 times yes. I know you and I have talked about this before and a few other posters have said the same thing. Just because the Tyler Perry films have taken a nosedive in the last few years doesn't mean that other well written and well-received films aimed  predominately at black people won't do well. And as I said... the producer of this film has quite a few hits under his resume so I think girls trip will do really well.

But even in his best boxoffice days, Perry's audience was, like, 90% black, no?

17 hours ago, Subzero said:

Surprise Avatar, Frozen and Rocky Horror wasn't on the list .... :D

It would have been on the list if the question was what was the most re-watched film of all time, a factual question rather than just opinions.

Edited by IronJimbo

Lmao guess who just woke up :lol:

Anyways War was prettt freaking great. Definitely different from what I was expecting though, and considering it started past 1 in the morning, I want to give it another shot before making a final decision.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mulder said:

The Amazing Spider-Man films all did way below what Spider-Man: Homecoming will do. Good will doesn't just spontaneously come back, it takes time.

Wonder Woman debuted in a well received guest role of a poorly reviewed ensemble movie. That movie and the one after that preceded Wonder Woman were both poorly reviewed. Wonder Woman is the story of the summer.

MCU Spider-Man debuted in a well received guest role of a well reviewed ensemble movie. Both ASM movies that preceded Homecoming were much better reviewed than either BvS and SS. Homecoming, while doing well overall, is underperforming considering all the factors that have been lined to to ensure it's success.

The idea that SM3 and the ASM movies from a review standpoint have negatively impacted Homecoming simply has no basis in fact. The good will is there, the large-scale interest in the character and his connection with the franchise isn't.

Edited by AHepBurn
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

As a matter of interest, what BO total were Spidey fans expecting ?

I expect its going to hit $350m, I don't see why anyone would be expecting more than that.

IMHO, there is little to no chance of SMH hitting 350.  It has a better chance at a 2.4 multiplier than it does a 3X.  

If I had to guess, based on the numbers so far, I'd say the ceiling is about 2.6.  GOTG2 will get to about 2.67.  I don't see Spidey getting past that.  So to me, hitting 300 would be really good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LuisDHern said:

Edit: still not interested in watching SMH. 

You'll learn soon enough....HAPPY WIFE...HAPPY LIFE.

Take her to see WW.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yikes.

I'll probably take TWS if not SM2 in terms of action sequences

TWS I'd put up there for sure, along with the first guardians IMO, just for the sheer fun and campiness included.