WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's a huge component for Infinity War

Everyone loves the trailer (well, MOST everyone)

Isn't Spidey a huge component too? That too with a more popular IM (compared to Hulk, bo-wise) making an appearance. Then why should Thor3 do better than Homecoming?

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Isn't Spidey a huge component too? That too with a more popular IM (compared to Hulk, bo-wise) making an appearance. Then why should Thor3 do better than Homecoming?

SMH has no impact on the events of Infinity War. Ragnarok will probably feature the final Infinity Stone and has been said to tie into the film.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I've expected huge things from Aquaman since Vinny Chase and James Cameron had it break Spidey's OW long, long ago.

I smell a club. Aquaman O/U Entourage's Aquaman OW club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

SMH has no impact on the events of Infinity War. Ragnarok will probably feature the final Infinity Stone and has been said to tie into the film.

The non MCU fans don't even know what a Thanos is let alone Infinity War or the stones

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

But isn't the new Spiderman somewhat ineffective? 

I know that Marvel went for the "rookie" angle in this one, but for most of the film, the new Spidey comes out as quite ineffective and incompetent. 

Vulture (in reality, Keaton's acting) is awesome though. 

Yes, he totally is...as he should be...again, he's a kid learning to be a super...now, he's really smart, but do teens really show a lot of forethought in their actions, or do they act impulsively, many times recklessly, thinking they are indestructable, not thinking about what happens after they accomplish X...so, it's totally true to the character and his origins...and heck, even true to Civil War - I mean, who really would be dumb enough to steal Cap's shield but a teen (he's lucky Cap's such a nice guy - did I mention how much I like Cap as a super in these movies - he's not my favorite comic hero, but he has been my favorite movie hero:)...

Now, that's not to say Spidey doesn't get better as he gets older, wiser, and more experienced...but that's not the point of this movie...

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I felt the vibe of the trailer, which worked in it's favor to make it look different from Thor:Dark World, at the same time makes it seem a bit too flippant for having a high-stakes setup for Infinity War.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yep, Fancy. I was there for more than 11 years. My name was Kobold-23. I tried to use the same username here, but for some reason I couldn't. So I came with Blaze, which by the way was the same name that I used on House of Jigsaw forums, until Lionsgate closed everything.

Now that the new Saw movie is gonna be released, I hope Lionsgate comes back with the forums. Great times. :)

Doubt they will, but I do miss a lot of those fan forums from back in the day, good memories at least.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm predicting 160/380 for Ragnarok. Fite me.

You know, you got me to watch the trailer online just now (since I haven't gotten it in theater and I don't feel like waiting anymore - don't think DM3 was gonna deliver it this week:)...

It's different...that's a positive for a 3rd movie...but I watch it and I think "would my mom go see this?" (She got me into comics:)...Nope.  Would I go see this - maybe, but I'm a huge comics fan.  Would my tween/teen girls see this - never.  Would I see it over JL, having now seen the 2 trailers together - no.  Do I think men will see this in droves - yes.  It will drive the male quadrants like no other...

Men turn out early and sometime often (but JL will be there to hold that down)...so I'd be more in to a huge OW guess than any type of real legs for this...but even still, there's a limit for how high OW will go...

So, I would be honestly very surprised by $380M DOM BO...I won't root against it b/c I like to root for all the supers (unless they look absolutely awful), but I'd never expect it... 

• Like 2

The sunday number must be so bad that up to this hour, no whispers of any actual figure, not even WW from Scott Mendelson(Forbes)

WB marketing department should give him a cameo in WW2 for his great contribution and dedication.....

• Like 3

Just now, titanic2187 said:

The sunday number must be so bad that up to this hour, no whispers of any actual figure, not even WW from Scott Mendelson(Forbes)

WB marketing department should give him a cameo in WW2 for his great contribution and dedication.....

GOT effect - as bad as NBA Finals effect...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

WW number confirmed by Gitesh, posted on page 148 I believe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

:rofl:

(He will give two updates daily in that case)

• Like 2