CJohn

DUNKIRK WEEKEND THREAD | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS | Official estimates Dunkirk 50.5M, GT 30.3M, SMH 22M, Apes 20.4M, Val 17M | Wonder Woman is the new summer champ with 389M total | Summer Sale is Live!

Just now, alisson23 said:

Is it true Nolan doesn't use 3D in his movies because he is jealous of James Cameron?

Yup, it's one of Hollywood's biggest open secrets. Him and Tarantino get drunk every weekend on the Sunset Strip and bitch about him.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

It's literally the only thing people remember about Allied.

I remember a lot of it. The card shuffling scene from Brad Pitt was dope af

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm probably going to be eating crow, I'm think they are purposefully being conservative and that Dunkirk will probably hit high 50's at least.

Hope Your Right The Movie Really Deserves It

So, to summarize:

Dunkirk is looking at a Friday of $17M+ (Hollywood Reporter), >$20M (Variety) and $19.5-22M (Deadline).

Girls Trip is looking at $11M+ (Hollywood Reporter), $12M (Variety) and $12.5M (Deadline).

Valerian is looking at $7M (Hollywood Reporter) and $6M (Deadline), while Variety doesn’t give a Friday number.

Looking great for Dunkirk and Girls Trip, and weak for Valerian. It’s best case scenario is to leg it to $50+ million domestically and make hundreds of millions internationally.

Overall, it's pretty cool to see three original (or if not technically "original" in the purest sense of the word, original-feeling) movies opening. Its somewhat a shame the three of them had to all open on the same weekend, but I guess studios expect established properties to make big bucks and avoid those weekends/periods of the summer.

Peace,
Mike

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I'm curious about this. I also wear 3D glasses over regular glasses and I've never had a problem. When you say it doesn't work, do you mean that it's too uncomfortable? Or do you not get a 3D effect?

It's uncomfortable on my face and the 3D just becomes a blur effect for 2 hours.