MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

NEW RECORD LOW PTA for a movie opening over 4,000 theaters.

Mummy is happy as fuck right now!

Yay!

If The Star gets released in over 4000 theaters which I don't think it will, it might take the record from The Emoji Movie!

Haha, I sent an email request to BOM and they actually followed through on it. Dunkirk showdown with Star Trek Beyond, Rogue Nation, and Interstellar.

I'm STILL waiting for them to put up Wonder Woman vs Spider-man 1 showdown.

BOM are a bunch of morons.

• Like 2

GO SEE THE BIG SICK!

It's very good. I saw it in a full (small) theater and there are some strong laughs with it.

Easily the best comedy of the year, will be in the running for best of the year.

Edited by El Panda Machos
  • Like 2

If Dunkirk jumps over 50% today after "only" increasing 54% Friday, there is definitely something to @MrPink's theory earlier in this thread that those strong IMAX shows on Thursday night (and every other week night) impacted the Friday jump in a negative way. Morning and afternoon shows on Saturday (especially IMAX) much easier for working adults to attend. 

• Like 3

12.2 puts 30m in play even. Star Trek Beyond dropped 18% on the 2nd Sunday. 

Of course I expect it to lower a bit but either way, we're in for a good Saturday it seems

• Like 5