MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Any other weekend would have been good for Val. If it had opened on 25th August would have had two decent weekends.

Wide releases on 25th August:

All SaintsDrama Sony / Columbia Wide
Birth of the DragonAction BH Tilt Wide
Crown HeightsDrama IFC Wide
A GentlemanAction FIP Wide
Leap!Animation Weinstein Company Wide
Tulip FeverDrama Weinstein Company Wide

Wide releases on 1st September (LD)

HEATERS DISTRIBUTOR RELEASE
UnlockedAction Thriller Lionsgate Premiere Wide

Whenever a movie opens up around my birthday it's such a dead time

• Like 2

It's interesting that some of you guys think a change in release date would have made much difference for Valerian in the US.  It wouldn't have.

It flopping in America has very little to do with Dunkirk. 

• Like 2

Re All Saints: I think Sony will give it a similar opening to War Room and see where it goes from there. Of course, my area is filled with old fucks, so it'll probably come to my theater instead of some indies :kitschjob: 

12 minutes ago, DAR said:

My sister is a teacher at an MPS grade school.  I know next year they might also go to an early start.  But they would be one of the few to test it out

My mother is a special education supervisor at MPS. She was the first tell me about the change.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Spiderman legs have not been great but think will finish around 310 plus as the next month is just dead.

I agree. People forget, this movie cost $100m less than the last one, and I highly doubt that TASM 3 would’ve seen $300M. This is decent.

Edited by AJG

Despicable Me got hit a little bit with emoji. But it's still on its way past 250 and it's displaying some terrific legs in other markets as well. Apparently it's going to drop around 10% in Japan this weekend. It's still has a legitimate but outside shot at doing a billion.

• Like 4

And to be clear no I did not post that projection so one is free to not believe me. My feelings will stay intact. I'm sorry I just have to remember to post these things.

Anyway. Pretty solid opening for Jane Wick. If you thought John Wick's 14mil opening 3 years ago was good I don't see how one can claim Atomic Blonde's opening is bad.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

GIRLS TRIP 65.5 with a 20 weekend: 65.5 + 20*4 = 145.5? BAD MOMS added 4.4x the 2nd weekend gross to it's cume (14 * 4.4 = 62 more to it's cume).

And GIRLS TRIP has shown a smaller drop than BAD MOMS in the 2nd weekend.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1