MCKillswitch123

WEEKEND THREAD | Weekend actuals (pg. 87 onward) - Dunkirk: 26.6M; The Emoji Movie: 24.5M; Girls Trip: 19.6M; Atomic Blonde: 18.2M; SM Homecoming: 13.2M; War For The POTA: 10.4M; Despicable Me 3: 7.4M; Valerian: 6.3M; Baby Driver: 3.9M; Wonder Woman: 3.3M

47 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I'm curious to see what he does with those sequel plans. Might have to find a different outlet than traditional movie theaters for it. 

IN is dp/30 interview when asked about that, he did sound like big screen quality of production or nothing for that material.

13 hours ago, El Panda Machos said:

That's odd, there's a theater in DFW that's playing 7 showings of Detroit today.  I didn't think it was doing a limited rollout.

Looks like your theater may have gotten 20% of the showings, ha. 

12 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Most of Sony's animated films this year feel like a cash grab. 

All of them their films these strike me as obviously not having much thought put into them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Squadron Leader Tele said:

I didn't know it was intended to be a franchise. Still, slightly outperforming JOHN WICK on basically the same budget isn't bad at all. 

I had thought this was aimed as being the female john wick but with john wick you had word of mouth. I'm not hearing it with this 

27 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Atomic Blonde Flops

It will do around 60% of is budget OW in one market alone, that is not bad at all.

It is rare for the genre to reach 20m on OW, John Wick did not 15m, The Man From Uncle didn't do 14, actionner without Denzel Washington often open under 10m (Crank, Hardcore Henry and so on)

It is performing really well OW wise, legs and home video could be an issue thought, not sure it will be well liked.

Emoji is also playing very well no, for a 50m movie that should play WW.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 8