Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, 75Live said:

I'm very happy that we may finally have the goalie we needed for 30 years 

Carter Hart is going to be a good one, that's for sure. Most decorated goaltender to come out of junior hockey in a long time now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Not so long ago, when you said things that were against the Church, you were considered a sinner, a devout of Satan.

You were cancelled.

The more things change, the more they stay the same I guess.

To think these people believe they are forward thinkers.

Oh The irony.

Can't remember the last time one of your pretentious posts was this correct.

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

This will probably be one of the last managers who will win 2000 games.  With the way the game is trending having long tenures in the game period, never mind with one or two teams, is becoming less and less common.  Terry Francona does it if he sticks around a few more years (he's 337 wins away).  Maybe joe Maddon if he doesn't get fired and not hired by someone else (he's 750 wins away).

After that, not seeing many candidates (Clint Hurdle is a little closer than Maddon, but I don't get the sense he'll be around long enough).

Just a great career wrapping up and destined for Cooperstown as soon as he is eligible. 

2010 still hurts but he's had a great career. Definitely deserves a quick ticket to NY.

• Like 1

@YourMother the Edgelord Finally watched Steven Universe the movie. It's so wonderful and I think it makes up for the underwhelming season 6 finale. This movie was everything that should have been and it neatly sets up a new, more mature direction for the series. Amazing songs too (didn't know Aimee Mann featured in a song in this movie before watching it).

• Thanks 1

Hey folks got linked here from discord as you have a pretty dedicated Avatar 2 discussion page. Thought I'd say hello

I've been following the box office for about 20 odd years since Jurassic Park blew my mind way back when. Live in London with my wife and daughter I do woodwork for a living but also love loads of other things.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kthuxi said:

Hey folks got linked here from discord as you have a pretty dedicated Avatar 2 discussion page. Thought I'd say hello

I've been following the box office for about 20 odd years since Jurassic Park blew my mind way back when. Live in London with my wife and daughter I do woodwork for a living but also love loads of other things.

Careful Avatar fans are usually banned on sight around here! IronJimbo gets a crazy pass though 😂

21 minutes ago, Kthuxi said:

Not suspicious at all.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, JB33 said:

Exactly. It's not the act that necessarily disgusts me. It's the hypocrisy. JT and all his leftist and liberal followers would be all over someone else if they did that. What I eagerly await is his and the people's response.

Justin Trudeau is not a leftist, he's a neoliberal poster boy for the white woke elite. By that I mean those people that like to think of themselves as progressive, but their progressiveness is exclusively social, not economic. That's why you see so many celebrities and rich people endorsing Kamala or Buttigieg, horrible, horrible candidates whose campaigns are mostly a word salad of such terms like equality, something something race, sexuality and civility, while they remain centrist/slightly conservative about every single economic issue, where the biggest problems are. That's why the upper-class white folks like them, they make themselves feel better by supporting "progressive" candidates that won't actually change the USA into a more equal society, so they still get to keep their power and privilege, but hey, at least they can say they support LGBTQ rights. Same goes for Justin Trudeau, he likes to shit all over the TV how much he "<3" the environment, but doesn't have a problem with pipelines and what not. That's why I'm annoyed when I read comments on FB posts of HuffPost or NYT, those people like to think of themselves as better and more informed than the conservatives, but they're as ignorant as the other side when they drool over Trudeau, Macron or Obama. The worst comment was of a man who was so enamored with an image of Buttigieg, Macron and Trudeau speaking and working together on a summit, my brain just exploded and broke my laptop. The whole country is wildly uninformed about pretty much everything.

So, to conclude this wild rant, #Bernie2020!

Edited by Titan Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan Man said:

Justin Trudeau is not a leftist, he's a neoliberal poster boy for the white woke elite. By that I mean those people that like to think of themselves as progressive, but their progressiveness is exclusively social, not economic. That's why you see so many celebrities and rich people endorsing Kamala or Buttigieg, horrible, horrible candidates whose campaigns are mostly a word salad of such terms like equality, something something race, sexuality and civility, while they remain centrist/slightly conservative about every single economic issue, where the biggest problems are. That's why the upper-class white folks like them, they make themselves feel better by supporting "progressive" candidates that won't actually change the USA into a more equal society, so they still get to keep their power and privilege, but hey, at least they can say they support LGBTQ rights. Same goes for Justin Trudeau, he likes to shit all over the TV how much he "<3" the environment, but doesn't have a problem with pipelines and what not. That's why I'm annoyed when I read comments on FB posts of HuffPost or NYT, those people like to think of themselves as better and more informed than the conservatives, but they're as ignorant as the other side when they drool over Trudeau, Macron or Obama. The worst comment was of a man who was so enamored with an image of Buttigieg, Macron and Trudeau speaking and working together on a summit, my brain just exploded and broke my laptop. The whole country is wildly uninformed about pretty much everything.

So, to conclude this wild rant, #Bernie2020!

Ya know, this makes a lot of sense, especially when it comes to Trudeau.

Either way, eff him. #MaxMax2020

On 9/18/2019 at 8:14 PM, JB33 said:

Exactly. It's not the act that necessarily disgusts me. It's the hypocrisy. JT and all his leftist and liberal followers would be all over someone else if they did that. What I eagerly await is his and the people's response.

This is bullshit. I don't even like Justin Trudeau much, for what I think are much more important reasons. But the none of the progressive and liberal people I know - and it's a lot, nearly everyone I know -gave a shit about Scheer's stuff from 2005. It's what he and his party says and does now that matters.

I don't know and don't care what bullshit shows up on social media. It's always the most rabid opinions that get the most attention there, not what most people actually think. That's too boring.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:19 PM, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah man I am so annoyed at cancel culture and the sjw just dig their heads in the sand when its a guy on their own team.

How about we just stop trying to mess up people's current future digging up stuff from 20-30 years ago.

The really progressive people I know that you would probably call "sjw" don't care about that kind of stuff from 20 years ago, not from anyone. If it's not illegal and wasn't hurting or intending to hurt someone, it doesn't matter if it's that old. Times change, people change.

Literally everyone I know from every background and political stripe thinks this kind of stuff is bullshit and needs to stop. If the worst stuff you can find on someone is from ~20 years ago or more, that's practically an endorsement.

There are so many more important things to discuss.

Want to talk about Trudeau is a hypocrite on the environment? Sure. On his high-minded talk about the rule of law? Sure. On breaking his promise on electoral reform. Definitely.

The fact this is the biggest damn story right now is garbage. I know multiple people - Liberal, Conservative, young (my age), old - who said more or less that the media needs to get a life.