Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

19 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

How does one looks for poor cgi in movies? It is just natural? I usually have a hard time differentiating between good and awful cgi.  

Well there the very easy case of the CGI attempted to not even be known to exist on screen (photo-realism) and failed to do so (like mustache removal in Justice League everyone saw vs CGI cats in captain marvel that about no one remarked). Than there is the harder case of CGI of stuff that are obviously impossible for them to exist or not attempting photo realism, were subjectivity get a bigger role.

Awful CGI are getting quite rare nowadays.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

We had some edibles on our car ride back from Montreal for a bachelor party and we listened to Joe Rogan interviewing Alex Jones. It was a riot to listen to high.

However then you realize Alex Jones is not a comedian and people take this guy serious :(  

Edited by Lordmandeep

Maybe it's because I'm not looking for it, or because I'm just stupid, but I can't think of the last recent movie I saw where any CG or VFX looked particularly awful (though there are definitely some older movies where the CG or VFX have aged poorly...those monkeys in the old Jumanji movie)

Edited by CoolEric258

1 minute ago, ACSlater said:

Atleast Blake Lively was hot as f*ck in that movie.

if you think she's hot, why don't you date her? Or have you got enough supermodels and actresses on your plate at the moment.

So Smallfoot is a musical.... did they mention that in the advertising? Is it a Sweeny Todd kinda deal?

I’m 2 very unnecessary songs in. 

EDIT: James Corden just sang Under Pressure in full. What is this?

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

So Smallfoot is a musical.... did they mention that in the advertising? Is it a Sweeny Todd kinda deal?

It gets......kind of better.

17 minutes ago, AJG said:

Still pissed that it's not Ice Ice Baby. IT TAKES PLACE ON A SNOWY MOUNTAIN

7 minutes ago, Morieris said:

It gets......kind of better.

Hopefully. I expected more from the people that gave us the underrated classic “Storks”.

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Still pissed that it's not Ice Ice Baby. IT TAKES PLACE ON A SNOWY MOUNTAIN

I would’ve turned this movie off so fast...

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Battle of the Five Armies looked atrocious even in the theater.

Battle of the Five Armies is the only good movie of the trilogy and a sight to behold.

Funny how Carl Sagan talks about ignorance since we re in a time of superstition when people convince themselves CGI from 2001-2003 looks better than CGI from 2012-2014, CGIs made by the same artists, engineers and scientists.

A time of ignorance in deed dear Carl when science is buried under belief, religion and myths.

In 2019.

I though we had evolved, I was optimistic ... alas ... superstition ALWAYS rears up its ugly head in the end.

We can do better, we MUST do better.

Edited by The Futurist

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Listened to this Billie Eilish record; I just can't get into her wispy, sub-Lorde voice. 

there's so many people my age who are like "UGH i just don't get the popular music now!" and i've always been proud to not be that guy but this billie eilish kid is the one who's finally defeated me. i really don't get it.

• Like 1