aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

33 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

I think some have been doing things like that for reward points. It seems moviepass has altered their TOS though and reserve the right to charge a penalty or suspend the account if they feel the subscription is being abused.

I think their issue is they control no aspect of the product they are selling.  They have no integration with the product or where it is shown.  I work from home so I don't want to stay in and watch something at home and instead use the pass and go to a movie many weekdays.  I do actually watch the movie though and rewards points gets me 2-3 beers per week :)

I suppose they could flag people watching star wars every day for a week but it weakens their selling point dramatically.  If they try to fine those people without warning them then they are going to face some serious backlash esp as there are those who legitimately will watch star wars 7 days in a row

2 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I think their issue is they control no aspect of the product they are selling.  They have no integration with the product or where it is shown.  I work from home so I don't want to stay in and watch something at home and instead use the pass and go to a movie many weekdays.  I do actually watch the movie though and rewards points gets me 2-3 beers per week :)

I suppose they could flag people watching star wars every day for a week but it weakens their selling point dramatically.  If they try to fine those people without warning them then they are going to face some serious backlash esp as there are those who legitimately will watch star wars 7 days in a row

Smartest move for them would be to change the TOS to "each movie only once"...means people in LA/NY might still be able to go almost every day of the month, especially in Oscar season when you get acres of those limited releases, and everyone else would be limited to 2-3 movies/week, without actually changing the TOS...

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Smartest move for them would be to change the TOS to "each movie only once"...means people in LA/NY might still be able to go almost every day of the month, especially in Oscar season when you get acres of those limited releases, and everyone else would be limited to 2-3 movies/week, without actually changing the TOS...

Agreed.  They used to have this condition but don't anymore and it's a mistake with a Marvel, DC, and Star Wars movie in rapid succession...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Agreed.  They used to have this condition but don't anymore and it's a mistake with a Marvel, DC, and Star Wars movie in rapid succession...

They could amend the TOS to seeing the same movie once a week and it would cut down on abuse and still have a good selling point - especially for the smaller markets with less choice.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They could amend the TOS to seeing the same movie once a week and it would cut down on abuse and still have a good selling point - especially for the smaller markets with less choice.

Yeah that's not a bad proposition still.  Far better than saying you can watch a movie as many times as you want, but if we decide you're doing too much we will fine you and cancel your service ...

10 hours ago, RRA said:

Weirdly you didn’t say that. You wrote: The most consistent of them, Homecoming, is actually consider to be the worst one from this year too.

It’s not a general consensus. It’s not like say “WW is the best DCEU movie” which we have metrics to back that claim up. 

Sorry is was a typo, it was supposed to say I'd consider.

Ive also clarified to say what I mean, so maybe stop trying to argue me about something I didn't say?  Thank you.

Edited by The Pumpkin Spice Panda