DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

5 minutes ago, raegr said:

No point in me bitching and moaning. Lets all come together and shitpost. This is a disaster so lets at least make it fun.

1398319338878.gif

Seriously.  Think about it.  Is this the path you wish to choose?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Picking him for Man of Steel wasn't necessarily the issue. Keeping him after was.

If memory serves, Snyder was chosen for MOS before Nolan was brought onto the movie.

What is ironic is that just a couple of weeks after Snyder was announced for MOS, "Sucker Punch" opened.That must have given Warners some second thoughts....

32 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Oh god, does this mean I have to endure another Julia Roberts Oscar win? :sarah:

Tremblay is more likely to get a nom and deserves it more anyway. #JusticeforRoom

26 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

cbs_chicag-cbs-2-weather-watch-at-5-2017

I love it when you act like a dick. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Eevin said:

you know i was just about to start posting again but i suddenly realize this is, in fact, a dc weekend thread

i can wait a bit longer

No please don't go. You're one of the cool kids. And that's saying a lot coming from "Cool Eric" himself...although come to think of it, most people who call themselves "cool" have low self-esteem and only do it for overcompensation and to ignore the fact they're friendless weirdos...:whosad: 

What thread am I on again? Oh yeah, the weekend thread. How's that Avengers remake doing?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I blame Nolan. Allegedly, he hand-picked Snyder for Man of Steel. 

Apparently Snyder was only chosen because he could get MoS done before the rights were up. WB didn't want a director who'd take their time. 

http://www.vulture.com/2010/10/fox_offers_wolverine_2_to_aronofsky.html

I've also read that Snyder was like 7th on a list of directors Nolan was looking at. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

It's early, and it could go up, but that is not a great number, but the signs were there, lower sales and all. All of the hype for JL was really killed with BVS. Looks like Wonder Woman will actually outgross it. 

Was there ever a question that Wonder Woman would outgross Justice League?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Forget about Thor, come next summer the likes of fucking Ant-Man may be a bigger draw than Batman+Superman+Wonder Woman+The Flash were.

But Marvel needs to dump their formula and take much bigger chances.

What's the worst that can happen?

• Disbelief 1

This could have all been avoided by doing one simple thing, and that was not allowing the Snyder's to manipulate the system to have Justice League start production right when BvS opened and forcing them to keep him.  

If they wait and see how BvS does before jumping into production on Justice League, then the obvious choice would have been to fire Snyder and choose another director.  Justice League moves to March of 2018 exactly 2 years after BvS and they make a boat load of money coming off the success of Wonder Woman.  

The sad irony is the Snyder's had to leave anyways due to tragedy and they ended up with a Frankenstein monster of a film. 

All of this can be easily salvaged if they are smart.  The path to that is publicly get rid of Snyder in every capacity.  Take some time off from Batman.  Get the next 2-3 films to work on their own and come back with a real plan.  Start production on Man of Steel 2 and announce Suicide Squad 2 going into production.  Then after all of this get a new actor for Batman, get that solo movie made and only after all that is done do you come back to Justice League.  

In reality, I think I would forget Justice League for a long time as people don't give a shit enough to force it.  Do the single films and maybe a few cheaper options and then re-visit Justice League about 5 years from now.  

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Man of Steel is unapologetically one of my favorite superhero films but Snyder had trouble with BvS and it looks like JL. Best for him to move on

also, embarrassing potential midnight numbers. This should have broken the November record 

Edited by John Marston

I see no reason to worry about the future of the DCEU. Wonder Woman is guaranteed to get another solo movie, and Aquaman looks really promising from what's been released so far. It's Snyder's "vision" for these characters that's pretty much dead in the water.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Was there ever a question that Wonder Woman would outgross Justice League?

Looking at the next films....its pretty much all on WW 2 and Aquaman.

Suicide Squad 2 will decline big time I think.

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Man of Steel is unapologetically one star my favorite superhero films but Snyder had trouble with BvS and it looks like JL. Best for him to move on

also, embarrassing potential midnight numbers. This should have broken the November record 

Should it have, though?