DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Justice League is basically the Transformers: Last Knight of the DCEU franchise.  Even if it opens above 100 million, this is still less than what MOS did 4 years ago. 300 million domestic not locked by any means. Legs are unpredictable. At least word of mouth isn't toxic, it's actually good.

Like The Last Knight, JL is also the 5th movie in a franchise.  Aquaman solo movie is probably gonna act as DCEU's Bumblebee. 

Perhaps this is a sign that Warner should focus on the solo movies. Aquaman is finished filming Shazam is gonna start filming next year. Wonder Woman 2 is a go. I have my doubts about a Suicide Squad sequel ( many people disliked the first one, so the sequel might get punished like JL has been for BVS mistakes ). A MOS sequel and a Flash solo movie also must happen.

Fifth movie too.

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What’s strange is, where’s the goodwill from Wonder Woman? 

Wonder Woman will definitely remain domestic box office champ of the superhero movies in 2017 now! 

:) 

Wonder Woman's particular story is what people responded to. Her origin is very unique and the story they told with her and WWI was very special. But here you have a film that's set in a completely different era, with a completely different cast and really almost no similarities to the WW movie itself.

Just now, MrPink said:

Sigh. Bruce got corny over Supes' death.

Where was the whole "WHEREVER YOU GO, WHATEVER YOU DO, I WILL FIND YOU" Bat Branding the hell out of some Parademons.

Not even an emoji anymore :sadfleck:

• Sad 1

No kidding 13 million is disappointing. And wom from people who paid to see it is way better than perpetual shit disturber LMD is making it out to be.

So maybe.....maybe it does 115.  either way it's not a good number no matter what.

Just now, LaughingEvans said:

WB's marketing for JL was a joke from the get go

-Hey , should we use that awesome Bowie song for the trailer?

-No way, we are already 300M over budget, let's go for the shitty cover nobody likes.

But everyone likes U2!

As background noise that they'll forget immediately after hearing!

If you got in a time machine  and went back 20 years I doubt you could find a single person that would agree that a Avengers movie would open to double what a JL movie opened to. This is inconceivable. X-Men and JL were the big teams in comics and they have been squandered on celluloid.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lmao exactly. And they still kept him on board after he delivered a very polarizing Superman movie. They reap what they sow.

And not only that but they brought him back with many other heroes. WTF

I'm going to take a rosier view:

The fact that they were able to take a troubled production that suffered from multiple re-shoots, controversy, and the director's daughter taking her own life thus bringing in a brand new director to shepherd the project to completion, and STILL make over $100 million dollars while also introducing new characters that are widely praised for their portrayal and interactions/chemistry can still probably be seen as an arguable win for the WB. Or it can at least be debated that way in a board meeting. 

It's definitely a disappointment from what this movie could have made, but I think we're being naive if we don't think WB is desperate to launch their post Snyder area and focus on some more insulated stories. 

But this discussion that this will "kill the DCEU" seems silly to me. No result here is going to make DC stop. They are making money on these films, quite a bit. Maybe not as much as they could have, but that doesn't change the fact that they are turning a profit on the DCEU. They will move ahead with the current slate as is.