DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

The inability of the DCEU to make their heroes work in present day is kinda fascinating.

They can't crack that code.

If you wonder why Wonder Woman worked so well, its WWI setting was a BIG part of it IMO.

Agree with this.

I believe the main reason why WW worked is that it was the most believable and least CG, video-game-like film of the DECU.

Yes it had CG but the film's WWI setting and overall execution felt grounded and real and not a video game like Snyder's films.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

No kidding 13 million is disappointing. And wom from people who paid to see it is way better than perpetual shit disturber LMD is making it out to be.

So maybe.....maybe it does 115.  either way it's not a good number no matter what.

115 can happen. Bit early to say WOM is good. We'll have to wait until after weekend. I will say WOM seems worse than Logan, WW, GotG2, Spidey and Thor earlier this year.

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

If you got in a time machine  and went back 20 years I doubt you could find a single person that would agree that a Avengers movie would open to double what a JL movie opened to. This is inconceivable. X-Men and JL were the big teams in comics and they have been squandered on celluloid.

20 years?

Try 20 months. :qotd:

• Like 1

$300m isn't locked?  Hunger Games fell 53% for weekend 2, Deathly Hallows 1 fell 60%, twilights fell 70%, and all of them fell more than 60% the 3rd weekend.  

Justice league

OW: 105m OW (35-40m weekdays)

2nd wknd: ~40m (8-10m weekdays)

3rd wknd:  15-18m 

195-215 by Dec 3rd, 240-270 total.  

Not even 250m is locked.

• Like 3

Seeing Justice League in 3 hours.

First time going to a VIP screening 

anyone done this before? 3 course meal in the cinema first, unlimited hot dogs, nachos, drinks and sweets for the film. Fully Reclining seat, leg rest, smaller audience, table for snacks etc? 

11 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

No kidding 13 million is disappointing. And wom from people who paid to see it is way better than perpetual shit disturber LMD is making it out to be.

So maybe.....maybe it does 115.  either way it's not a good number no matter what.

You are the one declaring a film that has been hardly seen by anyone yet that has gotten a ton of people saying 5/10,6/10 reviews on this site as good WOM...

So If I am the shit disturber, your living in Alternative Facts Baumer.  

I think we can say WOM is unknown at this moment. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

If you got in a time machine  and went back 20 years I doubt you could find a single person that would agree that a Avengers movie would open to double what a JL movie opened to. This is inconceivable. X-Men and JL were the big teams in comics and they have been squandered on celluloid.

If you went back 20 years I think most people would think an Avengers movie meant this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118661/

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

115 can happen. Bit early to say WOM is good. We'll have to wait until after weekend. I will say WOM seems worse than Logan, WW, GotG2, Spidey and Thor earlier this year.

$115M would need an internal multiplier of 8.85x. That would be over all of the Marvel films this year, and not too far below Wonder Woman and Logan (which were in the 9.3x range).

Seems like wishful thinking. I think that $110M is going to be the cap, and I'm not convinced that sub $100M isn't more likely. We've had a sub-$85M opening with this same preview (The first Hobbit film). The range is wide open for now. 

• Like 3

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not declaring $115M+ OW or $300M+ DOM dead at all just. Let's see how the OW and holiday weekend play out before that...

Agreed, instead of all this doom and gloom, people should

UNITE

Just now, kswiston said:

$115M would need an internal multiplier of 8.85x. That would be over all of the Marvel films this year, and not too far below Wonder Woman and Logan (which were in the 9.3x range).

Seems like wishful thinking. I think that $110M is going to be the cap, and I'm not convinced that sub $100M isn't more likely. We've had a sub-$85M opening with this same preview (The first Hobbit film). The range is wide open for now. 

I dont think the Hobbit film opened at 6pm

27 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

How much fudge is WB going to need to keep it above Wonder Woman's $103m opening?

At this point I'm assuming, they're going to overestimate Sunday numbers by 10 million. Prepare for an epic Monday drop. 

• Haha 1